Wednesday, January 16, 2013

25 Weeks

25 weeks...seriously?? How did this happen!!  I am almost in the third trimester and this is getting more and more real by the minute.

I had quite the scare last Friday night.  P was out at a friend's 30th birthday party which I was unable to attend.  It was around 7:30 and I picked up a pizza from Dominos (can you see where this is going??)  I had 3-4 pieces, which is what I have always eaten and then made the mistake of lying down.  Within minutes, I felt pain radiating up and down my sides and it was hard to breathe.  I began to get really nervous because I was alone and had never felt anything like this before.  Luckily, mom and dad are right around the corner so I calmly called her and asked if she could come over and let Sage out because I wasn't feeling well.  From the time I hung up the phone to when she got here the pains got progressively worse, I could not sit, lay down, and was having trouble standing straight up.  I called the on call doctor and she recommeded I go right to the hospital, so that is what we did!  I had no idea where to go, was totally freaked out I was going into labor, and was in SO much pain! 

Luckily, they hooked me up to the monitors immediately and she was kicking away and I was not having contractions, but rather an incredibly bad case of heartburn.  I was there for a little over 2 hours and after they gave me this nasty GI concotion I began to feel a little better.  Yes, my husband rushed home and made it to the hospital, because we had no idea what was going on and my mom thought he should come home.  We finally got home around midnight and I was wiped for the remainder of the weekend.  I don't think I will ever look at a piece of pizza the same again!

The doctors were wonderful and told me to stay away from spicy/greasy foods and they gave me a prescription for medication if I do decide to eat something that may not agree with me, so we can avoid these scares in the future.  They also told me NEVER, EVER, eat and then lie down; wait at least 30 minutes. 

Strangely enough, the doctor who was in the hospital with me, knew my RE very well (it was weird to hear him reference my pregnancy as an "IVF pregnancy" I guess you never escape it) and he also told me that Dr. B who did my retrieval and transfer had moved out of the practice.  That was hard to swallow.  He wasn't my RE, but he was the one who convinced us to transfer two, he was the one who placed the embryo(s) in just the right spot and got us pregnant! 

Ok, next subject.  Our maternity photos have been booked.  We never got engagement pictures done, which I still regret to this day, and we are not into the "intimate" pictures haha so we will be doing a session outside (short and sweet) hopefully with snow in the background.  The pictures are for the end of February, I will be about 31 weeks, which might seem a little early, but March and April are just so busy I am going to see if this will work. 

Oh yeah, can we talk about movement?? Because ever since Christmas (you were right mom) baby has been squirming around in there ALL day EVERY day.  I can't tell what kind of movement it is, ever, but feels like she is having a little party in there.  From the time I wake up, until the time I fall asleep I feel her, I guess that is a good sign though!  When I was getting monitored at the hospital, it took 2 different nurses and lots of manuvering to get her consistently on the monitor because she wouldn't stop moving. 

I am currently sick with what feels like a mild flu.  No fever, just sore throat, a litle achey, and just feel crummy so I stayed home from work.  I am actually wondering if I picked something up at the hospital last weekend, I was so hopeful to get through the whole winter without being sick, but hopefully it will be gone soon.

And finally, I am looking for recommendations.  P and I really want a new camera.  Nothing too crazy, definitely need an upgrade. We have a Canon, but it is about 3 years old and doesn't really offer us much.  Anyone recently use/buy a camera they are in love with?  Our iphones just aren't going to cut it once little one arrives!

Next up, our first serial growth scan next week to check on baby and make sure everything looks the way it is supposed to.

16 comments:

  1. I know your pain with the heartburn/acid reflux. I miss eating pizza so much, but it just isn't worth it anymore.

    I have a Nikon Cool Pix camera and it's alright but I would prefer a faster shutter speed. As baby gets older, you will need/want to capture moments more quickly.

    I'm sorry you're sick, but glad everything is else is ok! =) Love reading your posts and keeping up with you,L!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can believe you're 25 weeks - because I'm 18 weeks! SO nuts. When I think of it like that, it does feel like time has gone quickly, but at the same time it's felt like such a long road to get here, and I'm just talking about the pregnancy itself, not even what it took to get pregnant.

    So wait, Dr. B as in Buster left the practice?! If this is true I'm going to be really upset!

    And so true about eating then lying down (though usually that's what I want to do when my belly is full). Sometimes I do it and start feeling really bad and then I sit up and immediately burp (sorry, gross I know) and feel so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you are talking about. I couldn't do pepperoni for my entire pregnancy but as soon as Reagan arrived I haven't had heartburn and can go bac to eating foods that I couldn't.

    I have a canon powershot that Matt got me last year for Christmas. I am still playing around but it takes great pictures.

    I can't believe you are 25 weeks already!!!
    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy scare - I'm glad it wasn't anything worse, but scary all the same!!!

    No advice on cameras, since we're looking for a nice point & shoot as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 25 weeks is fantastic! Can't believe you are almost to the 3rd trimester! I'm glad you are feeling her move a lot - that is always reassuring. Sorry about your scare but glad it was something fixable and no danger to the baby. I look forward to seeing some of your maternity pics - I know not everyone does them, but for me it was important and I'm so glad that I did. I hope yours turn out just the way you are hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am 32 weeks pregnant and we just bought a camera for the same reason! We got the Sony Cyber Shot DSC-HX20V through amazon. I did a ton of research on cameras and absolutely love it now that it's here. It takes great pictures and I love all of the features. Perfect for taking tons of photos of our daughter in March!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crazy how something as simple as pizza can do that to you! Glad everything is good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Esh! Sorry about that heartburn scare!!! I don't have any good recommendations on cameras but am super excited to see how your maternity photos come out!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe, glad to hear that Baby Girl is rocking around so much in there! I bet that's so fun/weird to feel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay for 25 weeks! It is flying by! (At least from here!). Can't wait to meet your little one. Sorry about the heartburn, I never got it, but I heard it is hell, and you must have been terrified! Love that babe is moving so much, that was always my favorite reassurance. I was so sure I was going to have the world's busiest baby because she never stopped moving in there - but she's pretty chill so don't let that worry you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So relieved that your scare turned out to be okay! 25 weeks is a huge milestone, you have this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on 25 weeks!!!! Yes I've had to cut out tomato sauce....I had horrible heartburn too....no fun!!! Can't wait to see your photos that you are going to have taken!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man time flies! Can't wait to see the maternity photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. miss you and hope you're doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. L -- I miss your posts and hope everything is well with you and baby!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope everything is going well...miss your posts!

    ReplyDelete