Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Really Ready?

How do you know when you are ready to start trying again?  I would imagine if it came early to you the first time, not much thought has to go into it.

But, as we all know, that isn't the case for me or probably anyone else reading this blog!

When I went to see Dr. P last week, my main complaint was my freaking LONG cycles again, I am talking 45-50 days.  So, she suggested testing my prolactin which was borderline high before, and possibly going back on Bromocriptine.  Fast forward Monday, and I got a phone call my prolactin is NORMAL.  That should be a good thing, except now there is no reason for my ridiculous cycles.  Along with that, I am now bleeding (for the past 3 cycles) around cd 14-15 AFTER I have already gotten my period, and it lasts about 2-3 days.  That has never happened before.

I can already feel it.  I already feel myself getting tense about all this stuff.  P wants to try on our own these next few months before we do our frozen in October (hopefully.)  He thinks we are going to be "that couple" who magically gets pregnant after having to go through fertility for the first one.  I am trying to explain to him, if my cycles are this long (and I am having mid-cycle bleeding) my egg(s) will suck.  Not to mentions he also has fertility issues.  I am all for giving it a go, but I refuse to get my hopes up like last time, so I guess I am just going to go through the motions?  Ick...

I asked Dr. P what she thought and she thinks after seeing my normal prolactin levels that there may be something else going on.  UGH.  I have an appt. next month with my new doctor and just don't feel like dealing with it before then so I am just going to wait it out and see what happens.

Having Harper this time around makes it all a little different.  I have her.  And she is the best thing to ever happen to me.  I will not let the stress of trying for a new baby overcome me.  I refuse to let her feel even a little bit of it.

Now, talk to me in a few months and see where I am at :) haha

This weekend I will try and blog about what Harper's first year was like, I am really sad I didn't blog monthly updates like many of you did.

9 comments:

  1. Pictures!!!!! Yay. I'm gonna send you an email : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see an email address, send me one. I have a question for you!

      Delete
  2. Never ending, huh? I hope you find the peace you need to forge ahead for baby #2! I can't believe it's been a year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There you are! Such a cutie pie you've got! I feel the same way about my second. I can't allow myself to get to the negative place again with TTC. We have so much more to consider the second time around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures are adorable. Matt and I have a tentative plan for trying for #2. I'm trying not to over think it and roll with it but we all know that won't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I was ready, and then I thought I wasn't ready, and then hubs wasn't ready...and after a couple months of BFNs, we were both ready. Especially with what you've been through, it's a tough decision to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi L...I followed your story awhile back and am happy to see you writing again. I took a long time off from my blog as well because my pregnancy was super tough on me. We have an appt with our RE for an IUI cycle in September (I haven't blogged about our infertility too much but will probably add a section soon) Anyway...I'm back to reading your journey and wishing you luck and peace and patience :)

    ReplyDelete