Tuesday, November 6, 2012

15 weeks

P painted the nursery this weekend.  We went with Benjamin Moore's Stonington Gray and I love it! Beadboard will go up in the next few weeks and then I will be sure to post pictures.  We have picked out both the crib and dresser from The Land of Nod, hope to order both some time in early January.  I think if I wasn't a teacher I might have gone into some type of party/event planning.  I had so much fun planning my wedding and am loving every second of planning this nursery for our little baby.

I had a tough night Friday night.  Whenever I think I am doing great, reality slaps me in the face and I realize maybe I am not doing so great.  We went out with good friends who announced they were 8 weeks pregnant after 3 months of trying.  So, I came home and sobbed.  P couldn't understand why and I could only express my feelings through anger.  It's not that I am not happy for them I am sometimes just struck at the unfairness.   Even talking about our pregnancies its as though we are living in two different worlds...our thoughts, fears, concerns, couldn't be more different.  Then I called my mom. She always makes me feel better.  My mom reminded me that my baby will never be taken for granted, my baby will be filled with more love than sometimes thought possible because this baby has been wanted and desired more than humanly thought possible.  Because of our struggle, this baby is going to have a wonderful life and P and I are going to be wonderful parents because we know how much of a miracle the chance to have a baby really is.   My mom reminded me that all that matters now is the little life I have growing inside of me so I am choosing to focus on that.  And when I start to feel sad, I need to put my hand over my belly and remind myself of this wonderful little gift that deserves nothing but the absolute best of me.  She also reminded me of the pain so many of you are still dealing with on a daily basis in your struggles to beat infertility.  My mom is a very smart woman.

With all that, I am so excited to be 15 weeks pregnant!

How far along: 15 weeks
Total weight gain: 6-7 pounds...could I really gain one pound a week from here on out?  Scary thought...
Maternity clothes: all of my pants are maternity, still need to find some leggings, and have a few comfy tops from Gap
Stretch marks: No
Sleep: Not terrible, but not great....I am able to stay up way later than just a few weeks ago, love having more energy!!
Miss Anything?  Being able to go to the bathroom without any issues i.e. constipation, weird pains, constant peeing
Movement: No, but anxiously waiting!! Must be getting close!
Food cravings: Nothing new...still love my snacks and can't get enough orange juice
Anything make you queasy or sick: Lettuce (of course it can't be Doritos or chocolate!)
Have you started to show yet: without a doubt, I teased my kids today telling them to stop laughing at my chubby belly and they laughed and laughed!  Already had a few people at work touch my stomach, I thought I would be uncomfortable by the gesture but I love it, I love the excitement. 
Boy or Girl: Not sure, but really anxious to find out.  The old wives tales are doing nothing for me.
Looking forward to: Our anatomy scan which is November 30th!  We will be asking the tech to write down whether it is a boy or girl on a piece of paper and then wrapping it to put under the tree and open it Christmas morning!! Ahhh...definitely husband's idea....I hate waiting...am a very impatient person...don't know if I can do it!  But, it is important to P, so I will try.









14 comments:

  1. what a fun idea to wait until christmas morning! but I don't think I could wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful....what a Christmas present to open!!! You look wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, 15 weeks! I can't believe anatomy scans are coming up! You look so great, so healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Stonington Gray! We have it throughout our house. Our nursery is in Benjamin Moore 'Forget Me Not.'

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say I am totally into gray these days. Gray purses, gray couches, gray walls. I just bought gray cords at the J.Crew outlet... Gray! Great choice for a nursery. It blends beautifully with any color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't be as patient as you, but WHAT an amazing Christmas present. Happy 15 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flutters shouldn't be too far off :) Yay! Looking great, as usual, L! I found out that a college friend of mine is 5.5 weeks pregnant after 3 months of trying and I felt kind of...sad (?) when she told me. Not really sure how to describe it, I guess. I know it doesn't make sense because I am having a baby ,too, but it was definitely weird to have her talking to me like our expereinces were the same. She has already told me, both she and her husband's families, AND everyone at her job! I wish I could have been that confident that things would go well...instead we waited until I was 19 weeks (!) to make it 100% public. Your baby is already so very loved and cherished, no worries about that :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun idea to find out on Christmas! I don't know if I could wait!! I've had those moments too like you did with your friend and your mom is 100% right. Regardless of who announces I know that the baby I am carrying is never going to wonder if she was planned or wanted or loved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still get blind-sided by pregnancy announcements, even though I have so much to be thankful for. Your mom is a very wise woman - I may have to save this post for when I'm having those rough moments myself. I absolutely love the idea of finding out the gender on Christmas morning, what an awesome gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Christmas morning surprise. That is what it is all about :) Of course it will be hard for me as a follower to wait that long, lol.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that is going to be a Christmas morning you'll never forget! Whew, that's a long time to wait! Goooood luck. Your mom is indeed a very smart woman. It's nice to have someone to reel you back in. Infertility sucks. XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. looking so great, congrats on 15 weeks! i hear you about the jealousy....when i was 36 weeks a friend told me she was 6 weeks with #2 (#1 just turned 1), and even being pretty much full term myself, i bawled. but now that she is here i can honestly say she was worth every single struggle....i can't imagine it any other way.
    LOVE the christmas idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love what your mom said and am glad that you were able to see her view. I know how hard it can be. I feel angry too sometimes but have been working on that so I can just be happy for where we are at.
    I love your hubby's idea about waiting till Christmas! What a great present!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the most amazing doctor ever. I can remember her telling me 5 years ago when she told me I would have trouble conceiving because of my hormone levels, that if I have trouble having a baby that I will just love that baby a little more than everyone who didn't struggle. At the time I blew her off. I mean how could that be possible? Now I get it. Totally.

    ReplyDelete