Wednesday, October 31, 2012

14 weeks 1 day


I had been off facebook since March.  I debated going back on for a while now, but just wasn't ready.  I am still not crazy about being back on, but I really wanted to get the chance to make some sort of announcement on it, just like everyone else gets to.  But I didn't want it to be over the top and I also wanted a small reference to our journey without putting it in people's faces.  So I posted this picture with the following quote "If our journey had been easy...then we wouldn't have you."  The amount of responses I got was overwhelming and in the end I was glad I did it.  But, facebook continues to be a struggle for me. 

My NT scan was almost 2 weeks ago and it went really well.  I was 12w3d (measuring 12w4d) at the time and we saw a nasal bone and spinal cord and the skin fold measurement was 1.8 (1.7 is average for being 12 weeks.)  So, I was happy with that.  Baby was twirling around and sticking it's butt up in the air (definitely a baby of mine!)  I had some b/w done on the same day, but won't know those results until I do another round of bloodwork in 2 weeks.  When I called my insurance to see if they would cover the tests, they said only if I got both the u/s and the b/w...which is why we went ahead with both. 

I am definitely not as run down as I was a few weeks ago, but still really tired.  I can't believe I am 14 weeks already.  First trimseter is over.  And now I am starting to freak out.  Now, the pregnancy is really hitting me.  Every once in a while I look down at my stomach and am a little freaked out by the fact that there is a living breathing human in there!!!!  My stomach is continuing to grow, although it is much worse at night.  Things feel/look different down there and I am starting to wonder how on earth my body is going to do this???  There has already been talk of a c-section, but that freaks me out as well.  Too early for me to be thinking about any of this, I know, but I am already nervous!

I have another appt. with my OB on Friday. I am petrified she is going to tell me I have gained too much weight.  It is all in my stomach.  The problem is, I can't stop snacking!!! I have started cutting down on food I bring to work.  Today, I only brought an apple, carrots/celery with dip, and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  But, when I got home I was so hungry I pigged out on doritos and air heads (Halloween candy.)  So gross, I know!!!!

The room did not get painted this weekend like I had hoped.  My husband was sick all last week and didn't get anything done.  You don't know how badly I just want to paint myself, but I know I shouldn't be up on ladders or around the paint, so I am going to squash the urge.  Baby comes first now! 

I know I haven't been blogging lately, just had a lot of stuff on my mind.  I will write about it soon, but just can't put it into words in a way that make sense right now. 

So, here is a picture of me looking less and less blonde but more and more tired!




12 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! So happy for you! Congrats on the second trimester!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your board this weeks. You look great - yay for the 2nd trimester

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, an update! I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well! I was really uncertain about FB too and BG ended up making the initial announcement. But I was glad that we did in the end... Congrats on entering the second trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FB can be the devil, right? I'm glad you got to make your announcement! We all deserve that privilege, especially when you've traveled the hard road to get there! You're looking great! So glad everything is going well. Now, I'm off to find some Doritos....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the healthy scan results!
    I share your hesitation with FB. I never made an official announcement on FB but it slowly got around. But that felt awkward too.
    I have about six weeks left and the reality of it continues to freak me out on a regular basis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shirt announcement was so cute! It almost seems like a right of passage to be able to post it on fb. Regardless, I am happy that the little one is doing well, healthy and growing. You are so tiny still and the bump is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great! Time is certainly flying by - enjoy what you can and try not to worry yourself too far into the future. I know what you mean about the painting though - I keep wanting to just grab the brushes and do it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good!! No worries about eating, eat what you normally eat and don't fuss! I've splurged more than a few times and I'm still in the 25-35 range recommended for a normal weight person before pregnancy. Enjoy this time to not worry about calories in and out (within reason), worry about that after he/she gets here! = )Can't wait to keep reading about your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this post -- especially seeing your growing bump. So glad your scan went well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great announcement:) I am glad you decided to make one on facebook just like everyone else gets to...in dealing with IF we already miss out on so much, we should not have to miss out on celebrating, too! I wouldn't worry about your weight. Some women gain more in the beginning...every body handles pregnancy differently! You look great to me! Don't all teachers start to look tired by November/December anyway? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you're blogging again. So happy for you guys. xxxx

    ReplyDelete