Tuesday, October 9, 2012

11 Week Bumpdate

So, my 10th week of pregnancy proved to be a stressful one.  I was exhausted all week, not sleeping great, and super stressed for my appt.  Will the fear/stress ever go away, or is that just permanently there?  I would imagine everyone feels stressed before these appts but I can't help but think after dealing with infertility for an extended period of time I am constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop.  Not sure how I can change that way of thinking...but I know some of you will understand, which is why I find this blog so therapeutic.  I am still amazed at the thought that so many people can just have sex and get pregnant, another thing I just need to get over...all in due time hopefully.

My appt. on Friday started out with a minor scare.  We couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler so after about a minute of trying my doctor quickly wheeled in the abdominal ultrasound and it picked up our little baby quickly and she commented on how things are looking perfect.  Both Dr. P and now my OB have used that word "perfect."  It should make me feel better, but every once in a while it makes me nervous.  Once that was over she had to do an internal and a pap smear.  She commented just like my RE did, how twisted my cervix is but hoped it would straighten itself out as the baby grew bigger.  Because of that, the exam caused a lot of discomfort and you guessed it, bleeding.  She had warned me I might bleed for 24 hours (bright red) and then it would taper off to brown.  But, she didn't warn me that I was already bleeding and the paper sheet underneath me was covered in it.  Unfortunately, I was alone, P couldn't make it, and to say I stood there shaking when I noticed it, is an understatement.  I have been fortunate not to have any bleeding/spotting throughout this pregnancy, so Friday was my first dose of it.  It was scary and stressful and I can't get it out of my head.  The bleeding has just about stopped now, but I am still freaked out. 

I hope this week is a better one. It's only 4 days, so that's a good start, right?  I still can't find a bump "update" format that I am in love with, so you're stuck with this mess for now!





How far along? 11 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Wellll...the morning of my retrieval I weighed in at 123 lbs and I actually had lost a few pounds leading up to IVF because of the high protein, low carb diet.  This morning I weighed 125 which I was happy with.  What I wasn't so happy with was seeing the scale at my doctor's office on Friday say 129!!!  In my defense it was a Friday afternoon at 4:30 after I had devoured a huge bag of cheetos in the car ride over, that has to count for something right??   So, basically, by the end of the day, I am up a solid 5 or 6 pounds from my starting weight.  I don't notice the extra weight anywhere but my stomach.

Maternity clothes? Just about all my work pants/jeans, except one pair of skinny jeans that still fits, hoping I won't need maternity shirts for a while

Stretch marks? No, my brother's wife bought me a few all natural creams to rub on my stomach to prevent them but not really sure when to start doing that haha I think it may be a little early, especially when right now I feel more fat than pregnant!

Sleep: Not so great, have been waking up early and not being able to fall back asleep.  My hips/back bother me a lot too but that isn't anything new.

Best moment this week: Baby shopping with Mom and then P.  We spent a few hours playing with strollers, swings, bouncers...so much fun

Have you told family and friends: Some of them, we are both sharing the news with our coworkers this week

Miss Anything? Getting my hair done!  Growing up I was pure blonde, that is definitely not the case anymore.  I haven't had it foiled since before IVF started in July, hoping once I get past the first semester I can jump back into it.

Movement: Still not even close

Food cravings: Chips, any kind cheetos, sun chips, doritos...gross, I know

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really (have barely had any nausea)

Have you started to show yet: looking chubby for sure

Boy or Girl: Not really sure anymore...but can't wait to find out in December!

Looking forward to: NT Scan next week (but to be honest, every time I think about it, I am overcome with anxiety, is that normal?) 

This will be my last post before going private (ooooh big deal right haha.)  So happy I heard back from just about all of you!! It was a lot more difficult setting all this up then I thought and I still don't know how it is going to work.  If you didn't want to post your email on my blog (which I totally understand) you can email me privately at linds2433@yahoo.com and I will add you as a reader.  Thanks so much to all of you for following along...

 

17 comments:

  1. Hi! Ok sorry this will be a long comment :)
    First, yes my hubs thinks I'm silly for watching Gossip Girl too. Secondly, planning for the baby is so much fun! I'm kind of obsessed!! Oh and what nusery book did you get? I'd love the title of it.

    Now on to your questions. The anxiety for me has not lessened until just now. Now that I can feel him kick, I am comforted. Just breathe deeply and remember, you are pregnant and your doctors think everything is perfect. That's what has helped me through all of this. Even now when he doesn't kick for a while or a day I start getting nervous--after going through infertility or loss, I don't think we can escape these things. You just have to put your faith in those who know better than you.

    I'm surprised your OB tried to use the doppler at 11 weeks. That's too early to find a HB like that. What a horrible, HORRIBLE anxious feeling that is to not hear what you're supposed to hear. I'm glad she was quick about pulling in the u/s machine. I was freaked the NT scan so I decided not to have it. Just remember, there are a lot of false positives so do some research (I'm sure you will:) ) and know what's going on before you go in. I still get that nervous before every ultrasound! My stomach was in knots before our anatomy scan as well and after that until my OB actually showed me the radiologist/cardiologist report. I still fear that baby boy will come out with monkey arms or too short legs!

    And lastly (I promise) you look adorable! I craved chips the whole first tri too. AND you can get your hair done in the second tri! That's what I waited for too. Sorry I wrote you a book. I'm just so thrilled for you still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My nervousness is still there guess it just comes with the territory. Got to love Dr.'s scales! At my last appointment the first one I stepped on had me down 10lbs so the nurse made me go to a different room and that scale made me up a pound or two. Chips seem like a typical pregnancy craving unlike mine of pineapple! You are just looking so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are SO cute! I'm the nerves lessen a little as you go, but I'm sure I'd be so nervous too! I'm glad I get to still follow along with your journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see your cute little bump this week! Gosh bleeding is so very scaring and definitely when it comes to early pregnancy. Thank goodness your doctor was able to tell you the reason why and it let up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I know how stressful bleeding can be. :( I'm sorry you were alone. I hope that this was the last sight of blood for the rest of the pregnancy. I know that our constant bleeding/spotting kept me on edge for a really long time. Hang in there!

    Also, you look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the 11 week photo! Cracking up at "no margaritas for at least 203 days." Oh boy, scales are terrible aren't they? If it makes you feel any better, I'm probably up 5lbs at night too :) I'm pretty sure I'm set for when you go private (I went back and deleted my email post- paranoid haha) Can't wait for your next update, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look radiant!! So sorry about your scare...that would've have really freaked me too. So glad everything is "perfect"...yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great...sorry about the scare and nerves. I don't think they ever go away...then when baby comes you will be worried about how they are all the time too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look beautiful - sending you an email in a few moments with my contact. I may have also scarfed down some sun chips just before leaving work. I'm up 20 lbs and will be 26 weeks tomorrow. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh that STUPID doppler!!! They couldn't find our buddy's heartbeat one time when I was by myself and it was HORRIBLE! When you use the creams to avoid stretch marks make sure you rub along the sides of your stomach, back, behind, and thighs. Although I have been blessed to not have any stretch marks, my friend said she never put lotion on her lower back and thighs and that is right where her stretch marks appeared. You are so tiny and beautiful I doubt you'll have to deal with them! So excited to hear all about the rest of your pregnancy! = )

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fantastic! Sorry your first OB appointment was so stressful in terms of the bleeding, etc. I'm no expert, but in my reading of other blogs and talking to other former IF-ers, it seems totally normal to feel freaked out and like you are waiting for the other shoe to drop, so to speak. I felt like that probably up through about 16 weeks or so, but it has gotten better. Hope you get to sleeping better - that definitely contributes to the stress and anxiety. I'll send you my address via email!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep me updated please!! meg.champion@gmail.com also a question..u mentioned an ivf diet..as this is my first round of ivf should i be making certain food choices? I just hadn't heard of a specific diet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to keep following you!
    docs1215@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Either the fear is normal or we are both crazy. I have two weeks between my last sono and my next and sometimes I hardly know what to do with myself I'm so worried something might happen between now and then - not that I'd be able to change it anyway.
    Also your bump is about the same size as mine, and considering I'm only 7 weeks...yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so so sorry about the scare! That is no good at all. P.S. you look so cute!!! Love the little bump!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are looking awesome! I am so sorry to hear about the bleeding scare. I had some spotting at about 10 weeks and it made me panic more than anything else ever had! I was in sobbing tears and shaking, my poor husband didn't know what to do! It was too late to call my doctor so I called my Mom and she calmed me down. The next morning I called my doctor and she calmed me down more. It is terrifying to feel like there is something wrong! And your worries are normal (although, doesn't it suck to feel so stressed during what should be so happy and exciting?!). I am feeling better and happier every day, so I am confident that you will find more and more joy in your pregnancy as things progress:) Also, weight gain is normal during pregnancy! And if you are thinner to begin with (which you were), you are supposed to gain a bit more weight. I was told I should gain 35lbs, which makes me worried about my back and my circulation, but it is for my little one, so I know it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete