Tuesday, October 2, 2012

10 Week Bumpdate

Still trying to figure out where to put my hands haha



How far along: 10 weeks (holy crap, when did this happen!?)

Weight Gain: still +2 pounds

Baby: is the size of a prune.  Baby has working arm joints, and his/her cartilage and bones are forming. Vital organs are fully developed and they're starting to function.   Fingernailts and hair are starting to appear, too.   Plus, he/she is swallowing and kicking in there. (After seeing the way baby was wiggling last week, I can definitely believe it!)

Symptoms: Still really nothing.  The bloating is back, especially at night, and I do have a moment here and there of nausea but as soon as I eat it goes away.  No real cravings, just fighting pure exhaustion.  A few people at work have approached me concerned with how tired I look and commenting that I don't seem myself (this also happened quite a bit last year)  I think the circles under my eyes and lack of enthusiasm at the moment is a dead give away something is up.  Oh yeah, and my boobs are definitely way bigger (my favorite symptom Bird!)

Movement: No movement, but feel a lot of stretching and tugging going on down there, especially when I have to go to the bathroom, is that TMI??

Best Moment of the Week: There were so many!  We got to see jelly bean again.  My parents took us out to eat to celebrate and gave us this giraffe that we had our eye on for the last few weeks!  It is a baby mat that seems to be a big hit with little ones.  Unfortunately Sage thinks it is hers and already tried to bite the nose off, poor Sage isn't going to know what to do with herself!

My brother and his wife stopped by too with a bunch of goodies, one being an awesome book with ideas on how to decorate a nursery (I didn't even know they had books like this!)   It was also pretty neat calling my mom's sisters and telling them we were pregnant.  They have been kept in the dark ever seen the transfer, so they were really anxious too. The screaming and pure joy that came out of their mouths made me realize how awesome all of this really is, I wish I had recorded the calls so P could have heard the excitement too.  I ended up telling my friend at work yesterday because I couldn't keep it from her anymore.  I am planning on telling everyone else that I work with after Columbus Day.

What I’m Looking Forward To:  My first appt. w/ Dr. S (our OB) and a 3-day weekend!!

Gender: Still thinking girl...but P did manage to come up with a boy's name that we both really love, so maybe I am not as convinced it is a girl...

Bumpdate: The bump is there.  Both my parents asked if they could touch it this weekend and I think they were surprised at what they felt.  I feel like I am showing earlier than some other people and I am not sure if it was all the extra hormones from IVF or because my waist has always been on the small side that I now have nowhere to put these extra few pounds.  Either way, it is so crazy to put my hand on it and know that our baby is behind it.  I did go into Gap Maternity this weekend and spent a lot (oops) of money but it was so worth it.  I got 2 pairs of corduroys, 2 pairs of jeans, and 1 pair of khakis and they are the most comfortable things I have ever worn.  They are a little big so I hope they can get me through at least the 6th month. 

Wow, 10 weeks, never thought we would get to this point!

13 comments:

  1. YAYAYAYAY!!! Congrats on 10 weeks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gorgeous! Love the little bump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 10 weeks! Yay for telling extended family. I wonder too what Zoe is going to do with herself, maybe her and Sage should meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh I posted a comment from my phone this morning and it didn't work!

    You look absolutely adorable, and you're glowing!! I started showing really early too, but I def think it's because you are so tiny to begin with. Gap maternity is the best! I live in my skinny jeans and have their khakis on today! Good pants are SO important (and comfy!). Thanks for sharing your excitment; I'm so excited for you! I think it's a girl too, from a completely objective "stranger's" point of view!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for 10 weeks! YOu look great! I think that the ivf definitely makes you show faster, and I swear the bloating didn't go away until I had a full on bump, so I looked pregnant every evening from the start! Love that your family is so excited and that you are almost ready to share with the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A prune already! So big! I'm sure you're showing because you're so tiny, but it's kind of fun, no? A word of caution on maternity clothes...I bought a few pairs of pants at 12 weeks or so, and I don't fit in either of them anymore. You may get bigger than you expect more quickly than you expect :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. =) You look fabulous and I'm ready to see your bump get bigger! I'm glad you haven't been having too many of the yucky symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on getting into the more fun side of being pregnant! I definitely suspect that IVF-ers start to show earlier than so-called normal people. I felt a little ridiculous buying maternity stuff before the end of the first trimester too. But you get over it once you realize how comfortable that stuff is, right? Anyway - you look great so enjoy it and enjoy getting to feel excited.

    And if you are looking for other great baby-prep books, I definitely recommend Baby Bargains. My co-worker let me borrow hers and I was skeptical at first, but it was an absolute life-saver for me in terms of researching car seats and other stuff related to registering, nursery planning, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hee hee to the boob comment!

    You look so cute! I, too, think that maternity pants are the most comfortable thing EVER. I am not sure why some women hate them so much! The tiredness will get better in the second trimester but the lack of enthusiasm may stick around...I often find myself with a wandering mind and most days I am itching to get home asap after my classes end for the day! Too many things to take care of at home! Again, your excitement and happiness are shining out of you, or maybe it is that pregnancy glow everyone talks about! No matter what it is, you look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE YOUR BABY BUMP!!!!!!! I can't wait to see it grow and grow and grow!!! = ) When you are at 30 weeks (where I am now), you'll look down and think "Wow I'm really pregnant!!!" I didn't think we'd get through the first 10 weeks since I was on progesterone due to low levels, and now I only have 10 weeks left! I can't wait until you get to that point and the joy and happiness is double the amount of what you're feeling now because you know your little prince/princess will be here in such a short time! = ) ENJOY EVERY SECOND! (I know you will though!)

    ReplyDelete