Tuesday, October 16, 2012

12 Week Bumpdate

So, I am already getting bored with the bumpdates and just feel like writing about what is going on, so here goes...

I am 12 weeks today!  And I finally wore a shirt (underneath an open sweater) that showed off that growing belly inside of me.  A few people commented on how noticeable it is because they are so used to seeing nothing there...eek so crazy!  I guess the baby is the size of a plum.  But, according to thebump.com baby is now shifting into the growing and maturing stage as just about all of the critical developments are complete and fully formed!  I am having a real hard time not snacking after work.  I have a yogurt in the morning, banana, apple, and celery, throughout the day, but when I get home I cannot throw enough doritos at myself.  How do I control it?? I am petrified I am going to end up with a huge basketball for a belly unable to move by the end of this pregnancy...I need to STOP!!

I am in maternity pants all day every day.  As soon as I get home I usually throw on sweats and take Sage for a walk in my slippers.  Even my leggings are too constricting around my stomach...I will have to find some maternity ones somewhere I guess.   No stretch marks yet, but lately I have noticed a few extra hairs on my stomach right around my belly button that I am pretty sure were not there a month ago...is that normal!?  Sleep is still okay, but Sunday night I woke up asking P why there were elephants on our sheets.  Obviously there weren't, but I may be just doing a little too much baby shopping in my spare time if I am not seeing nursery things in my sleep!

Believe it or not, we just about have the nursery paint picked out and P is planning to paint the last weekend in November.  We will be doing beadboard on the bottom which I hope to get done in November.  There are just a few pieces of furtniture to clear out (throw out) before then.  Definitely spent some money this weekend on some baby items.  Also purchsed the best book ever "Baby Bargain."  Recommend it to anyone having a baby, it is basically a consumer reports book for all things baby.  Made me feel really good as I got ready to start our registry. 

The fun thing about Tuesday being the day I am one week further along is Tuesday is also the day Christmas falls on this year. So, today marks only 10 weeks until Christmas!! 

We have our NT scan on Friday along with the Integrated Blood Work which I am questioning whether or not to have.  The first aprt is Friday and the second part would be in November.  I guess the NT scan alone is about 75% accurate and w/ the bloodwork it goes up to 85-90% accuracy rate.  Not sure what to do, but we will definintely be doing the scan.  Can't wait to see an up close of our baby again. We should be able to see the arms and legs too!!!

And, here is the belly shot (I am still terrible when it comes to my hands, ahve to remember to put it lower next time)...12 weeks, it is going by so fast!! 




16 comments:

  1. I LOVED baby bargains. I also loved Baby 411, it is a must have! It answers all kinds of questions about what to do with umbilical cords, poop colors, the progression of foods to feed once the baby starts on solids and even when you know to start on solids. So much information that you would ask your pediatrician, but answers the questions before you even get there. Another good book to make you laugh is called "From the Hips." People write in about every stage in their pregnancy and the great things, weird things, etc. about it.

    10 weeks until Christmas, EEK!!! Can't wait to find out if your Jelly Bean is a boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bump is definitely growing. I'm curious. Are you feeling sick or having any symptoms? Any feelings down there? Just curious because it seems like that has been going well for you so far. Your bump is very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! I can't believe how quickly time is going by!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boden has the BEST maternity leggings. They're a bit pricey but I could live in them. They feel like pajama pants! Nothing better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh 12 weeks already! 10 weeks till Christmas good grief (although that means the Christmas specials are getting closer). Look at you go on the nursery progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gap has maternity leggings - I just ordered some because my friend said they're great! I also have the hair on my lower belly - what on earth?! I feel like it showed up out of nowhere. Guess it's the hormones! Yay for seeing the baby again on Friday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited to see your bump. Mine is emerging and I'm so happy! I think it's hilarious about the shopping and seeing elephants on your sheets. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and your plum look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photo! And Doritos are evil. If I know they're in my house I cannot stop until the last crumb... And then eaters remorse creeps in!! Maybe tell Hubby that those kind of snacks are not allowed in the house? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Lindsay - you look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so adorable! So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so cute! I'll have to remember baby bargains for the future- that's right up my crazy-researcher alley :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love my underbelly motherhood maternity leggings. I could live in them! You do look amazing :) don't worry about the doritos--for me, everything is much easier to control in the second tri so you'll get past that! I too have light hairs all over my belly now!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had a Doritos phase too! If you have a Trader Joe's near you, they have their own version of them that are actually really good and a little less bad for you. Be sure to check with your insurance about the blood work with the NT scan. When I called ours to make sure it was covered they said they would only cover it if I had the blood work done as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look adorable! Glad to hear things are going so well. And you got Baby Bargains! Best. Book. Ever. Seriously. Hope you are enjoying nursery planning and all the other fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you look so cute! congrats on 12 weeks! Yes, got the hairs around my belly button....but at some point got too huge to see them so I don't know if they are still there? Ha! The seraphine maternity leggings are fantastic and sooo comfy, you can buy them online or in some boutiques that carry their stuff. Also, hadn't heard of this book - need to look into it!
    And love love love beadboard, cannot wait to see this nursery!

    ReplyDelete