Thursday, June 21, 2012

June ICLW

Hi to anyone visiting from ICLW!

I just finished up my last day of school with my first graders.  I had really been hoping to be pregnant by the end of the year but it didn't happen.  In two months I will head back to work and will either be heading back pregnant and excited or not pregnant and wondering how to survive another school year and more infertility treatments.

My husband and I started dating our senior year in high school and have been together ever since.  We got married in June of 2009 and have spent the last 18 months trying to get pregnant w/out any success.  We will be 30 early next year and for the longest time I had wanted to have our first child before we were 30.  Clearly that isn't happening and I am finally okay with it (well as okay as I can be.)


As for my history...I went on Clomid in October and November of last year but I pretty much chalk that up to a waste because I wasn't monitored and my cycles were all over the place.  It wasn't until I had my first appt. with my RE Dr. P, in January that something was done about my high prolactin levels and I began taking bromocriptine every night before bed which has regulated me (kind of) and stopped the 40+ day cycles.  We spent the next few months trying on our own and then I had a failed IUI in April.  After getting that news I went in and met with Dr. P who decided it would be best to try IVF.  We are kind of a combination of unexplained and MFI.  These past two months we spent once again trying on our own with negative results.   We are currently preparing for our first IVF cycle and I am awaiting my period which should hopefully come any minute now (literally haha.)  We have a busy summer ahead of us with 3 weddings, a lot of parties, and summer school, but what is most important is our upcoming IVF cycle.  Those three little letters are going to consume these next 6-7 weeks, mentally, physically, and emotionally!!  Ahh...I hope we are ready for it!

That's about it...Thanks for reading along!  Hopefully we all have good news to celebrate soon!

12 comments:

  1. Cheers to the last day of school! And you will be ready for the next 6-7 weeks...and we will be ready to celebrate with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you start school after labor day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from ICLW. Good luck to you on your upcoming IVF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started my cycle so we'll be just three weeks apart in our IVF cycling! My DH and I also started dating senior yr of HS an also got married in 2009. Best of luck to you as you prepare for your cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember those weeks leading up to our first IVF - it's a nervewracking time, but at least you're on holidays! :) Here if you ever need any support or help, as we're going into IVF 2 soon! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waiting for your period before an IVF cycle is the worst! I believe I wrote a whole post about it :)

    I hope she comes soon and we can get this show on the road! I have my fingers crossed for you. In the meantime, I hope you can enjoy one last cold beer in the hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Summer! I am excited to read along and see how everything goes for you! Hoping for good news before next school year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best of Luck with your upcoming cycle. I hope you can go into the new school year with great news!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe school is just now out for you! I've been out since May 30th. I teach kinder and really miss my little ones over the summer :(

    I'm so excited that you're gearing up for IVF! There's so much hope in your future. Best of luck...IVF is what worked for us (well, FET actually)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, and YES...it's very hard to be "on" for all of your students each day while dealing with infertility. And I felt terrible that I was out nearly 20 days this school year because of it. I felt like I was being a bad teacher. My husband always reminded me that OUR future family was the most important...not my students or their parents. It's just so hard to put a baby (that doesn't exist yet) that high on your priority list. Hang in there! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for your last day of school!!! I have nothing but hope in my heart for you as you quickly approach your IVF cycle, I can't believe how fast that came! I love the picture by the way, what a fun color!!

    ReplyDelete