Friday, June 29, 2012

This is Really Happening

So, I ran out to the grocery store to get butter I needed for frosting for a cake I am making and of course as I am squatted down in the card aisle my IVF Coordinator called asking if I had time to talk.  I was balancing some eggs, butter, and my bag, but of course I had time to talk! So I bent down in the middle of the aisle with my notebook handy (praying people didn't see my underwear as I wasn't really wearing a dress conducive to bending over haha) as she gave me the following super important info.

July 6 P and I are meeting with the nurse/midwife to go over everything (more for P's benefit)
July 13 (cd 21) I am going in for b/w to confirm I ovulated (last cycle was 35 days so I may not have ovulated by cd 21)
July 14 begin Lupron injections in the morning (hopefully)
July 26 b/w and ultrasound suppression check
July 28 Begin Gonal F and lower dose of Lupron
July 31 b/w to check estrogen levels (I am going in a little earlier than most because of my response to Gonal F in April)
       I will be monitored by b/w and u/s frequently over the next week
August 8 Egg Retrieval
August 11 Transfer (also my parents 34th Wedding Anniversary!)

With all that said, I don't expect any of it to go as planned! But, it is still nice to see a tentative schedule.  I am fighting that little bit of excitement building up inside me because most of me just wants to throw all of this out the window and run away as fast as I can.  That's not possible though, so here I am.  Hopeful, excited, nervous...holy crap, this is really happening!

17 comments:

  1. I always feel sooo excited when I have a new schedule... cheering you on and here for you every step of the way xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a plan is so comforting. Something to look forward to and keep you moving forward. I am happy for you and hope this time flies by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about having some kind of schedule to spur you on a bit more. I'm having my second u/s and blood test on Mon, and probably having my egg retrieval on 4th July, and transfer on 9th July. Being given some dates helps immensely! I'm very excited for you and hope that the countdown goes super fast for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must be so exciting (and a big nerve-wrecking at the same time). I hope you have a picture perfect cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe it was a sign for a great cycle since you were carrying a carton of eggs when she called! Super exciting stuff...will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hopeful for you too! Yay for a plan and fingers are crossed for nothing but good news and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes it is! Your schedule may not go exactly as planned, but having one is still helpful, because it gives you an idea of when you might be having surgery and transfer. How perfect that everything will be wrapped up before the school year starts again! August 11th is so close!!!! Fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for getting dates! I can't imagine how hard it must be looking at those dates and knowing they may be thrown out the window to accommodate what your body decides to do...but you can handle it. You're getting good at dodging those curve balls, girl :) I'm so "eggcited" for you! Sorry, had to do it haha! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you got your tentative calendar and things are moving forward! It always feel so much more real when you get that. I'm kind of jealous that your RE's was willing to do a cd21 bloodwork before starting the Lupron. I asked my RE about that because my O can be late sometimes (my last cycle was 50 days!) and they just said they would start the Lurpon anyways but that my period might be a few days late... so more time on Lupron sans FSH! I was nervous about that but miraculously, my body cooperated and I did O before cd21. Otherwise, your timeline sounds a lot like mine, just a few weeks behind. Very exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy that you have a schedule! It will all get started before you know it. I am so so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for a schedule! Hoping and praying everything goes as smoothly and to plan as possible! Looks like we are sock buddies! I'm commenting from my phone since I'm on vacation and it makes it harder to find your contact info, could you email me your address and then I will reply? My email is ablanket2keep@gmail.com. I can't wait to send you some fun socks for your IVF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah!!!! I know how you feel that it is nice to see a schedule. Hoping things go smoothly - they do for many people!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's awesome that you have a schedule! I hope things go according to plan and that everything goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just clicked over from Stephanie's blog and am laughing to find out that the quote in your header is Longfellow and not Led Zeppelin, as I thought. Good luck with your IVF - I like K's idea that your carrying eggs when receiving that phone call is a sign of good things to come!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with IVF! For me, personally it was so. much. easier. than I thought (keeping in mind I thought it was going to be TERRIBLE). It just felt good to be DOING something, and I'm sure you'll feel great about it once it's started.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is always nice to have a schedule and game plan, even if it doesn't always work out that way! My fingers, toes, arms, and legs are crossed and prayers are coming your way!! = )

    ReplyDelete
  17. YAY! I love it - you're just a few days behind me, so we'll be in this thing together. xx

    ReplyDelete