Sunday, March 8, 2015

8

I don't really know how I feel about the number 8.  Seems crazy to be told all along how my ovaries think they are the ovaries of a 21 year old and then end up with just 8.  I know I was capable of producing so many more and they were just never given a chance to grow.  But, I'm also grateful that there were 8.  There is hope in those 8.

I felt pretty groggy and nauseous when I woke up after the procedure.  Haven't been able to eat much but am trying to stay on top of the pain meds and fluids.  I can tell they got most of the eggs from my left ovary because that side is a lot more tender and I remember that achiness/pulling sensation from my previous retrieval, but only on one side this time.

And now we wait.  We wait to see how many eggs were mature.  We wait to see how many fertilized. We wait to see how many make it to transfer day.

Grow babies grow!!


6 comments:

  1. Grow, grow, grow! I hope you get all 8. Most importantly I hope you get the one that grows into a strong healthy baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 is great! Can't wait to hear the report tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to let you know I am following along and rooting for you guys! Eight is such a good number, quality over quantity. Keep us posted! You have pining for number two big time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know I am following! For some reason out of nowhere all your posts just showed up in my reader! Come on little 8, fertilize and grow! 8 is not a lot, but it is definitely ENOUGH to make a baby or two. Fingers crossed for you. Hope the rest of the cycle is uneventful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping the very best for those eggs! Come on babies!

    ReplyDelete