Thursday, March 12, 2015

Waiting...there's no easy way to do it

We ended up in the same room for our transfer on Wednesday that we were in almost 3 years ago for our last transfer, the one that resulted in our daughter.  It was very emotional to walk in there; the  nurse asked if I was okay or needed another room.  We both said we needed to be in that room.

Then it was over.  There were tears but there was lots of hope.

If this doesn't work we will be going through the whole ivf process again.

I went out and bought tests today.  I wanted to see how much hcg I had left in my system from my trigger shot.  I tested positive, but not by much, the line was very light.  I would expect it to be gone in the next few days.  I'm pretty sure I tested it out of my system around 5 days past transfer last time.   And as clear as day I remember getting my first real positive ever.  It was 7 days past transfer.  P was in the shower and I was in the other bathroom.  Then it happened.

Next Wednesday will be 7 days past transfer.

This time around is easier in some ways and harder in others.  It's easier because we have H.  We have a little girl, an amazing little girl that has opened up my heart to an unimaginable amount of love.  In other ways it's harder because I cannot devote my everything into this two week wait.  Everytime I pick up H I wonder if I am straining too hard.  I am not eating as well as I did last go round because I'm tired and don't have the time like I did when I was cycling without a child or work.  I know it's ridiculous, if I was a normal woman getting pregnant, my life would not stop during the 2 week wait, heck I wouldn't even know it was the 2 week wait!  But I'm not a normal woman trying to get pregnant.

And so we wait.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sending you all the love in the world for this transfer xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting is the hardest part. Sending my love and hope it's a speedy two week wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck. Hope the wait flies Though I know it will be so hard. Did I miss it? How many did you transfer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you luck. Keep busy with your girl and know that it is out of your hands. Waiting for anything important is hard, let alone a much wanted baby.

    ReplyDelete