Tuesday, September 25, 2012

9 weeks!

I have gone back and forth about whether to post this today.  Part of me thinks I should wait until our ultrasound tomorrow, and the other part says screw it, I have never been pregnant before and I want to remember/enjoy it all, no matter what happens from this point forward.  I don't want to look back and wish I had done this or that when fear was really the only thing holding me back.

Although P and I are still very excited, the nerves have started to creep in just a little bit.  Tomorrow is a big day.  We have an appt. at 11 for our last ultrasound with our RE and then I have an appt. with the nurses at my OBGYN office at 2 where they will go over all the tests/important dates I will need to be aware of throughout my pregnancy.  I also have to get a flu shot...ick

Back to the nerves...I am sure everything is okay.  I am sure I am still pregnant, but I can't help but feel a tiny sense of panic about tomorrow.  I probably won't look at the screen immediately again like last time, I am hoping once we past the 12 week mark this will change.  I just want to make sure everything is okay and there is still a strong heartbeat and I just want to hear that sound again! 

So, here is my first bump update.  I was going to wait until after the ultrasound, but I decided to believe that everything is okay, here we go...still have to hang the board, but as you can tell, I am a very impatient person!


Please excuse the shadows, tired eyes, and gross hair...
we are new at this
and we were just so excited to get the first one done!



How far along: 9 weeks  

Weight Gain: Fluctuates throughout the day, but I have been weighing myself first thing in the morning and I think I am up a solid 2 pounds since egg retrieval day

Baby: Is the size of a green olive, can't wait to see how much he/she has grown tomorrow!!

Symptoms: I still haven't had much, which most of the time I am okay with, but every once in a while I freak out that there may be something wrong.  I am defintely exhausted.  I also find myself somewhat nauseous if it has been a few hours since I have eaten, which is definintely not like me. 

Movement: Let's just skip that one for now, just hoping to see some movement at our ultrasound tommorrow!

Best Moment of the Week: Watching my husband tackle our little chalkboard project.  I think by the end, he was way more excited than I was...already beaming like a proud little daddy :)

What I’m Looking Forward To: So, so much!  We have our second ultrasound with our RE tomorrow (and also our last) and we are so anxious to see little jelly bean again and make sure everything is okay!  I am excited to share our news with a few family members.  Super excited about dinner w/ my family this weekend at Davio's to celebrate us being pregnant!!  And...even though this is SO FAR away, I am really looking forward to being pregnant over Christmas.  I am that annoying person that starts playing Christmas songs mid-October!  So I am pretty sure being pregnant and celebrating Christmas is going to feel like we won the lottery!  Also REALLY looking forward to this Crinone being gone.  I stopped it almost a week ago and just today a clump about the size of Massachusetts came out of me (maybe a big of an exaggeration, but seriously...does it ever end???)

Gender: I am thinking girl (although I would be JUST as happy with a boy.)  We have had a girl name picked out for a while now (and no we will not be sharing, there has to be something we keep just between the two of us!)  However, we will be finding out what we are having and that is definitely information we will share.  Should fall right around the holidays somewhere between November and December, which isn't that far away!

Bumpdate: I am not sure how much longer I am going to be able to keep this a secret from my co-workers.  Today I wore a striped shirt and just happened to throw a vest over it and thank god I did because right around lunch time a little bump tends to show its face so I had to zip that thing right up.  It is weird having a little something there that never goes away! I am used to overeating, having a little pudge when I go to bed and then waking up to an absolutely flat stomach.  Looks like that won't be happening again for a LONG TIME!

18 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea with the chalk board. Wishing you all the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look precious! I can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great, L! Love your big smile and bright eyes...this is one very loved baby already and your excitement shines through you! Looking forward to an update from ultrasound #2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great Lindsay! I hope the nausea monster stays away. I've been a slacker with regards to bump pics. Think I'll have to share one tomorrow with you gals. :)
    I managed to keep my co-workers in the dark until just past 12 weeks. Nobody really suspected even with my constant trips to hurl in the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the title of your post on my phone and just loved it. I can't believe it's 9 weeks. You look adorable. I started showing really quickly and couldn't keep it hidden very well, but I think I told my coworkers around 10 or 11 weeks so it wasn't too bad. I love your photo and your positivity. I'm also looking forward to being pregnant over Christmas :) so much happiness and excitement, not to mention the cute pictures.

    I'm just so thrilled for you. After following your story for 7 months, I feel like I just want to jump and cheer for you and hubs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you look great! Can't wait to hear about your ultrasound, I'm sure everything is going to be just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for 9 weeks! Good luck tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute idea with the board. Can't wait to hear how the appointment goes. Like you I am super excited to be preggars over Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on 9 weeks! You sound great and you look great. I am so very happy for you.

    Also - I was totally humming a Christmas song this morning. Thankfully BG didn't recognize it, because I drive him crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look ADORABLE! Good luck at your ultrasound :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah!! Happy change day!!! Another week down. Feels so good. Your bump is so cute!!! Sending good thoughts your way! Can't wait to hear about your ultrasound!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute bump/project picture! Good luck with your appointments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know it's hard to not worry, it's a given but try to enjoy this time. Today you are pregnant! Looking forward to a wonderful post and a strong beautiful heartbeat. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this post and all of the excitement I can hear in it! Can't wait to hear about the ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww, that bump pic is ever so cute. I'm so happy for you. To be honest you sound much more relaxed!! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was just thinking about you (already commented earlier today, so sorry for clogging up your post) but I was wondering if you have heard of/tried chalkboard markers? I have done some chalkboard menus for events and they show up really beautifully! Your board looks awesome, I just thought I'd mention the chalkboard markers in case you wanted to try an easier material for your bump updates! Also, for more colors, artist soft pastels dipped in water before use show up really bold and bright! Looking forward to seeing the 10 week board and, of course, your 10 week belly:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats! What a cute idea :) I'm a new GFC follower!

    ReplyDelete