Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Every Tuesday

Our Dr. told us to celebrate every Tuesday, because it is the day we become one week further along in this pregnancy.  Dr. P told my husband he should come home with a little present for me every Tuesday, but I am pretty sure that went in one ear and out the other, I will be sure to remind him when he gets home, for next week.

Today, I am 8 weeks pregnant!  I have begun to embrace it.  I still have my moments of pure panic where I think about what could go wrong over these next few weeks, but instead of being super anxious about next week's ultrasound, P and I are beyond excited to see our little one agan.  The last thing Dr. P said to us before we left last Friday's ultrasound was everything looked really good and she thought we were looking at our first baby, giving us less than a 15% chance of miscarriage at this point.  Yikes, that still seems high, but she seems confident in this baby, so we are going to be too.  I still can't believe it worked.  I just can't believe it. 

Today was a big day for a few reasons. 

I told my boss I was pregnant.  This was a HUGE deal, because the only people that know are our families and to say the excitement of announcing our first pregnancy to our families was taken away from us, is kind of an understatement.  But, today I got to say the words, "I am 8 weeks pregnant!" to someone and it was so neat.  She knew the hell we went through last year and immediately got up and gave me a huge hug and told me how happy she was.  We won't be telling anyone else for at least a few more weeks, but I wanted her to know because I have doctor's appts. coming up and will be missing more work (I also told her for the tiny chance something were to go wrong.)   I told her I am due at the end of April and I could already see her mind calculating when that means I would be returning, I left out the part that I will not be coming back until at least January, but there is plenty of time to figure out how to tell her that!

Today is also the last day of Crinone. Ughhh I am so ready to be done with this gross stuff.  My stomach is badly bloated from it and I am sick of shoving stuff up there every morning.  I don't feel nervous about stopping because my doctor said everything looked perfect.   

Today is also the day I got a little bit of validation haha.  The IVF pouch is nothing you would understand unless you have had it.  I did not get it much throughout any of the injections or even after the retrieval, but BOY did I get it after the transfer and it has been here to stay for the last month. A few family members have told me they don't notice it, but let's just say I hide it well.  I have always been very thin with NO BOOBS, so even a shirt that is probably rather fitted on some, always leaves me with a little bit of room.  So, although people may not be able to see the bloat, the second the shirt comes off, that pouch is FOR REAL.  Anyway, I was out walking the pup today and bent down to pick up her #2 and felt something pop.  Yup, you guessed it, the button of my pants flew right off, never to be seen again!!!!  So, I feel validated for complaining about my bloat, because although you may not see it, I have never popped a button off a pair of pants before haha and I have a feeling the bloat will never have a chance to go down as it will soon be replaced by a little bump due to our little jelly bean.

Unfortunately, I came down with a pretty bad headcold at work yesterday.  I knew it was just a matter of time.  My immune system sucks, especially at the beginning of the year, with all the new germs, and it doesn't help when the kids still don't know what it means to cover your mouth!  We also have been running around like crazy these past few weekends, and that has really affected me, so I am sick.  Ughh...runny nose, sore throat, and just overall crumminess.  I am hoping it will go away by the weekend.  P and I are planning on doing ABSOLUTELY nothing except going out to celebrate our news and tackling a chalkboard project to use for weekly bump updates.   I saw one on pinterest that I absolutely loved so I am going to try and copy it.  Might need some help from dad too!

I still can't believe it worked...

15 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are able to enjoy your pregnancy. YAY!!!! It's nice to say "I'm pregnant" out loud!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the button popping story! Hope your icky cold passes quickly. How exciting 8 weeks! Yahoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY TUESDAY!!! I'm so glad you're starting to embrace this news. I hope you have a wonderful weekend soaking it in. I laughed so hard reading your button popping story that I had to tell J why I was laughing at the computer :) Now, come on next Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love when things work? Happy Tuesday and happy 8 weeks to you, friend! Many more happy Tuesdays to come for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha congrats on popping your button! And if it's the Pinterest idea I saw, I'm so excited to see your bumpdates. Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Tuesday/8 weeks! That is fantastic! Glad you are starting to feel better about everything, but sorry to hear you are sick. Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Tuesday! Eight weeks down, 32 weeks to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Happy Tuesday! Our day is Saturday and every time Saturday rolls around we are happy to add another week to our success, so I get it! Hope P remembers to bring you a little something - that sounds like it would be fun :) And less than 15% means MORE THAN 85% chance that things will continue to be PERFECT! That is excellent, L! Hope you feel better soon; I already have the beginning of the year cough. Being a teacher is hard on immune systems, for sure! So, I have to ask...do you have boobs now? Haha! I remember that was one thing you were looking forward to (in addition, of course, to the sweetie you'll get to meet in April!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I can't believe you're 8 weeks already, that's craaaaazy! I'm so happy for you, I hope things continue to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY for 8 weeks! I can't wait to see those bump pics! SO great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Belated Tuesday to you! I hope your husband bought you done new pants for your Tuesday present! Just kidding! Love that story. Congrats on being 8 weeks already! Wow! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the chalkboard bump idea it is so adorable on pinterest. I understand what you mean about telling your boss but she also knew what we had gone through and was so excited for us. Yay for 8 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that is a great way to look at it. Your doctor sounds very caring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Tuesday!!!! (Yesterday) Congrats on 8 weeks. Glad you guys are feeling more excited and that you are getting to share the news a bit. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete