Sunday, September 2, 2012

Photo Challenge: Days 1 & 2

EmHart is running a Photo Challenge this month and although I have NO ARTISTIC ABILITY when it comes to photography, I thought it would be a fun way to pass the time. 

Day 1: Beginning (of school...yikes!!)



Day 2: Fire (Yes, I am already decorated for Fall, and yes I know it's disgusting!)




Last night I was online and found this great article.  Fertility Treatment.  While my mom and I were out to lunch she was saying how there should be some type of bracelet out there for awareness about infertility similar to the yellow LIVESTRONG ones and the pink ones that represent breast cancer.  I don't think that there is anything like that out there but I hope maybe someday soon there might be, I would proudly wear one and I am pretty sure my mom would too!  Because this is not something that you go through and then forget about.  Although memories of these difficult times will fade, they will never ever be forgotten.  And I will continue to be very open about our struggles to get pregnant.

Friday was such an exciting day for P and me that it made me realize how absolutely horrible these last 20 months have been.  We have both been walking around with a weight on our shoulders heavy enough to make it difficult to get through some days.  I had become a shell of the person I used to be.  Friday night in the car my parents told me that they felt like "the old me" was back. 

People often throw around IVF (or fertility treatments) like they are no big deal.  Like it is some quick fix.  It is often those same people that have NEVER been through it.  It's not a quick procedure that guarantees you a baby.  I have had the unfortunate chance to follow so many wonderful bloggers that have walked away from fertility treatments because they are just so damn hard and eventually you get to the point where you just don't know how much longer you can put your mind and body through the abuse.  Fertility treatments consume you, every part of you.  For these past 8 weeks I have been consumed by injections, medications, fears, worries, anger, procedures, and everything else that I can't put into words right now.  And for the first time we are feeling the joy of being pregnant and we are trying so hard to enjoy it.  Of course I am worried about the ultrasound and everything that could or could not go wrong over these next few weeks but I am trying to choose hope.  I am trying not to surrender to the nightmare that has been these last two years.  I am choosing to believe this will work.  Because for far too long I believed it never would.

9 comments:

  1. Until we started ttc and the time kept going by and it was getting longer, I never even thought about infertility. I have said that I never thought I would have been a person who went through this. In a way, I am glad I did. It has tested me in ways that I never thought possible. It has also proven how strong of a marriage I have.

    Wishing nothing but the best during your pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute lesson plan book! I just finished filling out all of the dates in mine yesterday:) And WOW! I WISH I had decorated for fall already - I am very impressed!

    I hope you can enjoy this exciting time with your husband! Infertility/fertility treatments do make it a different experience...but it is still a wonderful, beautiful thing that you are expecting a baby now! Again, congrats and wishing you all the best:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. It's so true how infertility consumes us makes different people. I'm glad you are feeling like yourself and able to enjoy your pregnancy. Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling like yourself again! Wishing you a very happy, healthy pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've thought the same thing about the bracelet and found something on stirrup queens that is sort of like it, but just a read string of embroidery floss that you wear. I have a link to it on my blog, check it out- "infertility's common thread".
    Wishing you well- glad you're seeming more like yourself, this journey really sucks the life out of you, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy to hear that you are getting back to your old self, that is great! I know these past few months have been really hard on you and I'm so glad you made it through to the other side and are also pregnant! So excited for you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love decorating for fall and are candy corns available for sell in the stores already?? like i said i love decorating but i am feeling still too early

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your decorating and now I'm craving candy corn! I was gonna say something about infertility's common thread, but I see someone already did. I have been thinking about you every day. I am so so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was thinking about you today! Hope you are feeling good!

    ReplyDelete