Monday, May 7, 2012

Drugs? Yes, Please!

I spent all of Sunday feeling pretty crummy but still managed to clean, do the laundry, and grocery shop, I don't think women get enough credit!  I tried calling my docs all weekend and of course they don't have an on-call doctor so I couldn't get any meds.  Nothing like calling my RE where I am guaranteed a phone call back in less than 10 minutes!  So, this morning I called again and explained to the reception how I always get this infection in my throat every 6 months or so and have to go in and all they do is write me a prescription for Zpack so I asked if it was possible if they could just call it in for me to CVS.  No, that would be too easy, so after work I hurried over to my doctors office for a 30 second visit where my doctor (or should I say physician's assistant didn't even look in my damn throat!!)  Ughh!  The good thing is I got the meds and just got my first dose in me so I should start feeling better soon.  Just found out I had a slight feve too, it's usually right around 97.5 (temping does have it's benefits besides knowing when you ovulate haha) and it was up to 99 when I got home from work so I figure I might as well add Tylenol to the mix.

Cute story...there is this older couple in their 70s that live behind P and me.  I always stop and talk to them, small talk really, but have told P in the past that they feel like my grandparents (my mom's parents passed away years ago and I was extremely close with them, especially my Nana.)  They sometimes seem to look at me with that adoration/love that you see grandparents look at their grandchildren with, it was almost as if they knew me.  Turns out they did, they just never let me in on their little secret.  It has always made me smile when I walk by their house.  Anyways, I went into school today and the librarian approached me and told me that she attends church every Sunday with one of my biggest fans.  I of course have no idea what the heck she is talking about.  Turns out, the cute couple that live behind me, remember watching me play basketball almost 12 years ago in high school and proceeded to tell my librarian how much they enjoyed watching me play and the story of where I went to high school, college etc!  They themselves have never told me any of this and I can't help but wonder why, in all the conversations they have had with me, they have never mentioned knowing who I was.  Maybe I will bring it up with them one day, but for now, I like thinking of them as an extra set of grandparents, watching out for me, rather than some old crazy fans!

Random story...I was sitting in CVS today waiting to pick up my medication and there was a mom, probably 10 years older than me, sitting with her son.  I couldn't help but look at him, he was probably 9 or 10 and he was so adorable, he had eyes that were just like his moms and all of a sudden this great sense of sadness came over me.  Like I said, I have been handling everything well the last few days/week, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hit me like a ton of bricks every once in a while.  I couldn't help but wonder what our children will look like and whose eyes they would have or whose nose.  Ohh...someday I know, someday...


And I can't help but proudly show off a picture of our backsplash, that we put up on Saturday.  My dad is extremely handy and is teaching P and me; the end result is a pretty dramatic change to our bathroom.  The store around the corner recommended the paint color (Benjamin Moore wet cement) years ago when I decided to paint and although I am not a purple person AT ALL, we decided to go with it because it is such a small bathroom.  But sometimes it just seemed TOO purple so since painting I have always thought about how I could make it better with a backsplash...so here it is!



Sorry for the rambling, this is what happens when I am all drugged up and anxious to start feeling better...can't forget to congratulate those of you that have recently gotten BFPs and for those who didn't my heart breaks for you each and every day, I am always thinking of you!  xoxo

7 comments:

  1. I *love* the backsplash! I also hope you feel better, and I think the story about your neighbors is one of the sweetest I've heard in a long time.

    I hope your first IVF is a lucky one, and you find yourself gazing into a child with your eyes soon. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet that they "know" you. You're a local celebrity! : )

    I've been wanting to do a backsplash in our kitchen for ages. I think you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your backsplash looks awesome! nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I luuuurve your backsplash! It looks fantastic! What a sweet story about your neighbors...I feel the love! I hope your Z-pack kicks in soon! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better! I love the backsplash, we are going with a greyish color for the spare room/office, grey is my new favorite neutral these days. I have farmer customers that when they hear my maiden name mention sports around me, always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better soon! That is such a sweet story. You can never have enough Grandparents. Love the back splash! You guys did a great job!

    ReplyDelete