Monday, May 14, 2012

Just Another Day (Without the Paradise)

Today is cd 20, no signs of ovulation.  My monitor has remained at high since cd 8.  It should have gone to peak about 8-10 days ago and then I should have ovulated.  Didn't happen.  Temping is usually my "go-to" method but being sick and having a fever has made that nearly impssible. 

We put off our IVF until July because of other commitments assuming I would have 2 regular (30-31 day) cycles.  I don't know why I assume anything anymore, how have I not realized that nothing is going to work the way it is supposed to!  Since going on the Bromocriptine I have had a 30 day cycle and a 31 day cycle, last cycle was only 26 days, but that is because of the injections/IUI. 

So, I got right on the phone this morning with my REs office and heard back from the nurse around 10.  I explained what was going on and how I would like to go in tomorrow before work for a progesterone check to see if I ovulated and just didn't notice (which is highly unlikely) or if I have in fact not ovulated yet, they of course also have to do a beta test and I just cringe at the sound of that word.  I know I am not pregnant, you don't have to tell me in that sympathetic voice, it is just being done as a formality.  Oh well.

If I ovulated than that is great, no issues, just me doing a crappy job of tracking everything, and my monitor sucking big time.

If my gut is right and I haven't ovulated yet I am concerned my prolactin has gone up again, which of course can't be tested accurately until cd 3 of my next period!  I brought up the fact that I have been sick for a solid week and fighting off a slight fever the past few days, and she said the most that would effect a cycle is by one or two days, which I think I had read somewhere too.

She also told me that I seemed to have a really good grasp of my body and everything that was going on with it and to continue to advocate for myself (high-five me, when do we ever get a pat on the back for being obsessive haha!)  She told me that if I get the call tomorrow afternoon and it is found I didn't ovulate to make sure the nurse mentions Provera to me which would cause a withdrawal bleed and end my cycle.  We both agreed going through another 50+ day cycle like in January/February would be detrimental in SO many ways. 

P and I will have to talk tomorrow night and decide what to do about IVF and whether to forgo sitting out another cycle.  It will all depend on my bloodwork and what we do from here on out to get this cycle moving. 

I can't help but notice the energy I get after talking to someone at my REs office.  Although the break from everything has been nice, I feel like I have this sick and twisted need to be in contact with them all the time.  It makes me feel like there is a plan, like I am doing something, like I have some control...even though I know I have absolutely none. 

8 comments:

  1. I hear ya about the control! I need those moments of clarity so I don't feel like everything is spiraling out of control. Sounds like you are getting some! Also sounds like maybe you are starting to feel better? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me feel so much better to know that there is a plan in place. It's not that I think everything will go according to that plan, but I like to know what's ahead, and what plans B and C look like too.

    When so much is out of our control, it helps to have something to hold on to.

    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you ovulated, but your surge was super short and you just missed it. Take care! And, I hope you're starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about wanting to keep in contact with them... and to have a plan... so much more reassuring. Hope your bloods go OK and that you can find a plan that fits best with your other plans and in your heart. Love always xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I hear you on the control thing! That must be a prerequisite for infertility :) I'm hoping, like Sass that you had a super short surge. Being sick can really throw a wrench in things! Keep us posted. Breathe! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you and hoping you are feeling 100% better from the bug you had. I get the "needing a plan and needing to feel some control stuff." It seems that a lot of us in this boat have similar personality traits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you and hoping this all gets resolved soon so you can get to baby making.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping that the blood works brings some resolution. I honestly don't know what is worse sometimes - waiting to ovulate or the 2ww. I feel ya on needin' a plan.. agree with Laura that is must be a prereq for this stuff. In my thoughts! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I crave that feeling of control (false or not) too...In every aspect of my life. And not having it in this whole IF journey is beyond frustrating!

    ReplyDelete