Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Phone Down

I have a DROID smartphone w/ Verizon.  I am not up for a new phone/upgrade until October.  We didn't buy insurance and the warranty ran out in February, I am sure you can see where this is headed.

P couldn't figure out how to put the charger in my phone last night and jammed it in so much that the prongs are now bent and the phone is now broken.  My phone cannot be charged anymore and Verizon cannot fix it.  They told me to go on Craigslist and try and find a "refurbished" smartphone that is with Verizon and call to activate it.  Awesome, thanks.

So, here I am staring at my phone, unable to turn it on, unable to do anything except fight the anger and frustration that is slowly building haha!  Between going off Facebook 2 months ago and now being without a phone I am pretty much reverting back to the Stone Ages.  Hopefully I will return to 2012 soon :)

And to whoever is deciding that I can handle all of this crap, I CAN'T!  Enough is enough!

On a good note, it didn't break until AFTER I got the phone call that I did in fact ovulate (really good thing) not sure when, but I don't really care right now.  She said my progesterone was nice and high at 18.1 (I feel like everytime they call me with my progesterone that it is nice and high, so I guess that is another good thing.)

Good luck to my husband tonight, it is going to be a long night for him, especially if he doesn't find me a working phone!

14 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you did ovulate. That's really great news. Things keep moving along for you Lindsay. I hope the next month is one free of strep, sinusitis, bronchitis, or any other 'itises.

    Oh, yes, and good luck to your husband tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, so sorry you are going through all of this -- when it rains it pours -- right?

    But yay for ovulation and high progesterone number!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the big O! I hope that next month is a healthy one for you! You deserve a break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, hooray for ovulating!! That's very good news!!

    On the phone front: have you thought about going into the store and pleading your case. And I mean full waterworks, lady! I know it sounds completely stupid, but I also know that sometimes pulling the I'm-really-helpless-and-I-don't-blame-you card can help rectify a situation. EIther way, I wish you all the best. Especially since breaking electronics rarely results in an easy fix. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for ovulating! Good for you!
    It is so odd that you are having phone problems! My husband just stepped on my phone the other night and broke the screen. Yes, it was on the floor, but in my purse and we were unpacking the car from our weekend away (still his fault, right?) So my screen is completely blank, but we did have insurance on it so I got a new one in the mail yesterday. I did have to use my husband's old "stupid" phone for a couple days though, with only a few of my contacts. Ugh! I feel for you and hope you can find a replacement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch... technology is great but might be nice to have a break from it for a few days :) I always feel better when I don't have my phone to check all the time :)) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for ovulation. I hope you get the phone issues sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you get a phone up and running soon. It stinks to feel cut off from the world! I'm so glad your bw confirmed ovulation! Good luck in the dog house, P :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SO happy you ovulated. GO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Matt doesn't really mess with my phone or my little computer as he calls it because he is afraid he is going to mess something up. He despises talking on it because he says people don't sound right. I think he is just crazy. Hopefully P doesn't have to stay in the doghouse for long =) Congrats on ovulating, my progesterone has never been that high!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three cheers for ovulating!! A big thumbs down to broken phones. One time F dropped his iphone in a boiling pot of water! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great news about ovulating! Sucky news about the phone. I can imagine how you feel...when I even forget my phone at home I feel a little discombobulated (even when I don't need to contact anyone!). Hope P finds you a working phone ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete