Saturday, May 12, 2012

Still Sitting Here

I am still sick, even after 5 days of antibiotics.  My sore throat is gone but I have developed an awful cough over the past day or two (almost bronchitis-like) and went to bed last night with the chills and a slight fever.  Hopefully some Mucinex and Tylenol will do the trick today.  I guess I can cross another month off the list...

Mother's Day is tomorrow and I don't really have any feelings about it except that to realize that I have the best mother in the entire world, and for that I am beyond grateful. She is and continues to be my source of strength throughout all of this.  Here are a few pictures of us getting ready on my wedding day, I cannot put into words how much she means to me...



I have not ever been pregnant, not for an hour, a day, a week, I have never seen even the slightest of second lines.  I have never felt that twinge of excitement, or that anticipation of telling P and our families.  This Mother's Day isn't bringing about feeling of anger or sadness (yet), although I may feel differently tomorrow, it is just making my longing that much deeper.

A longing to have a belly that others look at with admiration

A longing to have that "glow" that everyone refers to when they are pregnant

A longing to have a baby (my baby) look up at me and know that I am his/her mommy

That longing is so deep, that it hurts, somedays worse than others, but is always hurts...




8 comments:

  1. Thinking of you tomorrow ((hugs)) and you said it best with "That longing is so deep, that it hurts" I totally understand. Feel better soon Lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big hugs to you, Lindsay! I'll be thinking of you and all the other mother's to be out there tomorrow! You will get your pregnancy glow, the longing will be met and you will be given that precious gift...I just know it! I've also never had a second of being pregnant, but knowing that it will happen keeps the hope alive. Remember your mantra: I can do this. We can do this.

    Lots of love! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. God do I know. One day, lady. Somehow, someway. In the meantime, go celebrate your mom and your relationship together. What you two have is very special and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet pictures of you and your mom! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the first picture of you and your mom. You both look so happy.

    I hope you were able to rest this weekend, and are starting to feel better. If not, make sure you go back to the doctor! **Thinking of you**

    ReplyDelete
  6. So blessed to have such a fabulous Mommy! She's teaching you well so one day you can use everything she's taught you. You will have your day! We all will. Thinking of you today and all the IF'ers! I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you still aren't feeling good, allergies have been kicking my butt! What an amazing mom you have, such gorgeous pictures as well. I know you will get your day, you will.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are feeling better and got through yesterday without being too upset. Beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete