Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 3 of Lupron

I still feel fine.  No real side effects from the Lupron.  First injection was a little tough (not a run around the house screaming tough like in April haha but definitely took me a few minutes) but the last 2 have been easy.  The injection site definitely stings and is slightly itchy, but it passes within minutes. 

I was rummaging through all our paperwork and saw a list of the most common side effects of Lupron:
  • constipation
  • dizziness
  • general body pain
  • headache
  • hot flashes
  • loss of appetite
  • nausea or vomiting
  • stuffy nose
  • trouble sleeping
  • weakness
I have been fighting a headache for a few days and I am guessing the Lupron hasn't helped, but I am going to accupuncture tomorrow and hope she can help a little with that.

Overall, nothing exciting happening.  The hotel we stayed at for the wedding last night did not have a refrigerator so we carried around a cooler which I am sure most people expected was filled with beer.  Unfortunately, that was not the case! 

We are going to see Seth Myers this Saturday and I am so ready to laugh.  Then Coldplay on the 30th.  With my long cycles, it pushed everything back, so we will be able to go and I am really excited!  It has been a busy July so far, but I am thankful for that because it has kept me going.  That's all I have tonight.  Kind of blah.  I don't think blahness is a side effect, I am pretty sure it's just me :)

12 comments:

  1. So glad you are handling the Lupron so well. This cycle will fly by! And Sunday nights are always blah...I feel that way too and I am a teacher so I don't even have to work tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy everything is going well for you! :) Lots of exciting things sure does help time fly by....I hate reading those warning labels. When I was taking Clomid, I remember reading a list of symptoms including "decrease urine output, abdominal pain, bloating" and recognizing this actually means kidney failure....Awesome. Glad some injection site discomfort and headache are the only things bothering you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things seem to be progressing nicely. It always helps to have plenty to do to help take your mind off things! You're doing great so far (and I'm glad that the hotel had a fridge *crisis averted*).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad things are going well and no major side effects. Oh if people only knew what was in your cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your side effects are minimal! I hope that keeps on going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound like you are in such a good place! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the side effects stay away, but if they don't (or if your headache lingers) remember to be kind to yourself. You are on your way Lindsay. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, the mini cooler...done that :) Glad you aren't having side effects! Is it weird that every time I see Lupron, I read it as Loopy? Glad you are not loopy :) Hope you have a great acupuncture appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO glad the Lupron shots are going well. Hope you have a great time with all the fun things you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome news about this cycle. Have you tried icing the injection site before injecting? A nurse gave me that hot tip this time around and it was awesome. I would put an ice pack on my belly before mixing up stuff, and my the time I was done, my stomach was numb. Sounds like you're got some awesome stuff coming up. Who doesn't love to laugh and listen to awesome music!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking of you as you start your Lupron... I definitely had hot flushes and trouble sleeping... hope your s/e's stay away :) Wow.... Coldplay :) Love them :)) I've seen them every time that they've been to Australia.... they do such a great concert :)) Have fun xoxo

    ReplyDelete