Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New Mantra

So, I went to accupuncture yesterday and expressed all of my fears and worries with Mel.  She is AWESOME.  I just love her.  She has this way about her that makes me feel like no matter what happens I will be okay.  Although I am still fighting daily headaches I have kept off just about all the other side effects of Lupron (with the exception of EXTREME fatigue every night around 6 and overall blahness.)  After I finished talking she told me how she was working with another patient on working some type of mantra into her daily life.  She told me to write these words somewhere and repeat them throughout the day until I believe them: "I am healthy.  Perfect health is the natural state of being." I know, it probably sounds crazy, but I am trying it.

When I got home yesterday I realized that since starting the Lupron I have really been negative about everything.  Not really externally, but rather internally.  Since starting the shots almost 2 weeks ago I have lost sight of why I am doing this.  I have questioned whether or not I want to put my body through this.  Even as recently as last night, I said to P, "I don't think I can do this."  I have worried what will happen to me mentally if it doesn't work.  I have totally lost sight of the fact that there is a 45% chance we may have a baby at the end of all this.  So, for right now, in this very moment, I am going to focus on all the things that are making me happy, because as much as this sucks right now and even with how hopeless and miserable I feel at times, I have a very blessed life with a lot of wonderful people in it.  I need to think about the happy things more.  Here are a few fun, stupid things that are making me happy right now, well sort of happy.    


 I decided I needed something to remind me daily, sometimes hourly, why I (we) have decided to put ourselves through this and the only thing I could think of was a onesie.  So, I went out to Target (ok, ok, multiple Targets haha) and finally found a onesie that was perfect.  It now hangs over the mirror in our guest room bathroom and everytime I walk by I look at it and it reminds me why we are doing this.  If it doesn't work it will probably end up in the trash, but for right now it's helping me.


In February I wasn't in a great place mentally, I went shopping (noticing a pattern??) Well, I walked into a store and found this bag (I knew it was a baby bag) and had no business even looking at it between the price and the fact that I WAS NOT pregnantt. But, I kept going back to it. Long story short, the girl working behind the counter somehow convinced me I was pregnant and I eventually walked out with the bag. It now sits in my closet waiting for the day I can use it.  Hopefully that day is coming.  It is a pretty awesome bag! Just wish it had been bought under different circumstances :)  





I HATE FEET! I can't believe I am even posting this picture, but I wanted everyone to see the
polka dots. My mom and I decided to so something fun before my brother's wedding and we both went and got it done. I am sick of looking at them as it has been a few weeks now, but it sure was fun while it lasted!

Last night I decided to check my work email and noticed one from an old principal.  He wanted to know if I was interested in a position opening up in his school.  Unfortunately that school is about 40 minutes away, but it was nice to feel wanted.  It reminded me of all the good people I have in my life and all the good things I have going on.  So, hopefully, when I feel like crap again, which could be as soon as I get off the computer, I can remind myself that even though I feel bogged down in misery, if I can step outside of it, if only for a few minutes, I will recognize how lucky I really am. 

Like my mom always says, "This too shall pass."  






11 comments:

  1. Positive affirmations are great. I hope you can walk away from the dark cloud hovering over you. It's so hard when you are in the thick of it to see the light at the end of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, my Mom says the exact same thing to me! Cannot tell you how many times it's been said in the last few years...and it's so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for buying that precious onsie and cute diaper bag! I've strictly held off from buying stuff for superstitious reasons (me somewhat, DH big time) but I can see the benefit of a daily reminder of what it's all for. It's for a great cause, girl! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad we are both having better days. Mel sounds great. It is lucky that you decided to try accupuncture after all. Sometimes we need a reminder in the right way that things may not turn out so bad.

    You're almost there! And don't forget that Lupron makes everything worse, so feel free to blame it excessively for any bad moods in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is great that you are finding ways to be positive and remind you about your ultimate goal...being a mom. You continuously amaze me with your strength and drive, and are frequently in my thoughts. Keep your head in the game, it's almost time to make that baby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those toes! Keep on doing everything that makes you happy Lindsay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are healthy! You can do this! So glad you are doing and finding things to focus on that make you happy. I love the outfit! I have one I look at too. It really helps some days to focus on the end result. A baby. We are here cheering you on! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mantra... it's a great idea :) I have all sorts of mantras to get me through difficult times :) It's so hard to be positive with all the IVF meds on board... I admire your attitude and determination... you'll get there :))) Love your purchases too... great idea to have such a gorgeous reminder of what all this is for... love to you always xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the onesie idea...too cute. I really hope this is your month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you are taking charge of your fertility and your outlook. This is something you have to do many times throughout this so it's a good habit to get into. You CAN do this and it CAN work. Hang in there.
    MissC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the new mantra - hope it helps, it can definitely be easy to just check out and feel sad/mad at the world when dealing with this. Love the onesie too - hope it means good things! My last cycle I bought 2 onesies before my transfer for good luck (my first onesies) and that one was the one that took! So hopefully there is some good onesie juju there :). Love the diaper bag too!

    ReplyDelete