Saturday, July 7, 2012

I Survived!

Ohh...where to begin!

We had our first and final meeting with the IVF Coordinator at 8 am on Friday so P could golf with the guys at 10. We met with her for about an hour. She repeated a lot of details I already knew but it was nice we could hear them together. She could tell how cautious my doctor was being with me based on my low dose of meds. and early monitoring appt. so that made me feel a little bit better.  I spoke with Village Pharmacy (they actually called last night during the wedding, go figure) and my meds. will be here sometime on Wednesday and I should be starting Lupron on Saturday morning.  We are still debating whether or not we want to transfer one or two embryos.  My doctor is strongly recommending 2 and so we are leaning that way, but we are going to take these next few weeks leading up to the retrieval to make our final decision. 

I had a pretty big meltdown Friday morning filled with lots and lots of tears after our meeting because I had so many thoughts and emotions swirling in my head and was so angry that I had to be dealing with all of this but after talking to my cousin and then  my mom I was able to pull myself together for the rest of the day.  The wedding turned out to be a blast.  I have always been really close with my mom's side and two of my cousins were actually bridesmaids in my wedding, so I spent most of the night on the dance floor with all my cousins.  Can't remember the last time I have had so much fun.  It's been a long time.  I was happy that I was able to put IVF out of my mind for at least one night.  Because most of the people in my life don't know this blog exists I can't really post many pics from the wedding (since I don't have their permission) so unfortunately you are stuck with two pictures of P and me, we were both in the wedding which was kind of fun!

Even though it was a lot of fun, I am glad it's over.  Hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend!














13 comments:

  1. Pretty dress! Glad things are getting started for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys look so cute! I'm glad you had an awesome time! So exciting everything is starting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pics! Glad you were able to forget about things for a little while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys look adorable.

    For me, I calm down a bit once I actually start stims. I guess I feel like I have a bit of control then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hon. I'm sorry about the meltdown. But I'm so glad that everything is good to go. Like Hapa Hopes, I found that I was better emotionally once I started stims.

    I'm so glad you had a good time at the wedding! You two look marvelous! Fingers are crossed for you and hoping for very good news soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeee I can't believe it's time to get going already! I remember when you first started talking about starting in July and it seemed so far away! I use Village Fertility Pharmacy too. They're really great (though one time I went to pick up some Crinone in person b/c I needed to use it right away and they wouldn't let me use their bathroom to put it in! So I had to do it on the floor in the back of my SUV. Thank goodness for tinted windows!). Anyways, I'm so excited for you guys! Don't worry about the Lupron, it's really not so bad! And like the others said, once you start stims it gets even easier. Best of luck to you!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I can't believe it's coming up so soon! That is so exciting!!! Looks like you had a great time at the wedding too, weddings can be such nice distractions! Hope the rest of your weekend is great! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you were able to take your mind of IF for your brothers wedding. Great pics...thanks for sharing!

    About how many embryos to transfer....when we signed our consents, we put 1-2 embryos if it is a Day 3 transfer and 1 if it is a Day 5 transfer. We (my husband and I and my RE) decided to go with the SART guidelines exactly. I thought we had to choose 1 or 2, but she recommended the 1-2 and said that was fine. She said that way we have some wiggle room and can make the best decision based on the quality of the embryos at the time...so I'm guessing if we have an excellent graded embryo (I'm not familiar with how they grade them yet) then we will just transfer 1, but if there are 2 that are okay (or whatever they call them) then we will do 2. Haven't gotten there yet, but that is what I assume with what I know so far. Good luck with your meds this week! I also use Village Pharmacy and will be getting my meds in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You two look so pretty/handsome! So excited for you that things are finally getting started!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you went (and survived!), because next month when you are pregnant you would have regretted not going :)! You guys look great and glad you had such a great time. It is good that your Drs are on top of your meds, I had monitoring much closer with IVF #2 and it is definitely the only reason I didn't get OHSS (again). We ended up using a dosage of something crazy low like 33IU quite early in my cycle! As far as how many embryos to transfer....that is a tough one for sure. The Drs always recommend two because it is better for their stats - but in my cycle people either got pregnant or they didn't. At one point I counted and 8/9 of us that got pregnant - got pregnant with EVERY embryo transferred. Crazy! Only one person transferred 2 and had 1 take. The rest of us had 2 take or just the one transferred. Food for thought :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad you were able to have a great time at the wedding and enjoy yourself. You guys look great, love the dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such great pictures of you and your husband! It is definitely so scary to embark on the IVF journey...so many emotions and it really doesn't feel fair to have to go through it. I hope and pray we both get the beautiful family we SO desire at the end of it all!!! I'm sure we will never look back. Blessings on you and SO very excited for you! It'll feel really good to get the ball rolling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry that I'm so far behind on your news :( You look FANTASTIC :)) Glad to hear it went well :) Thinking of you and cheering you on for your next cycle... with you every step of the way and lovely to be cycling with you xoxo

    ReplyDelete