Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Nowhere to Run

My medications arrived today.  Guess this is really happening.  Here is a picture/list of all the things that showed up in the big brown cardboard box outside my house today.


  • Sharps containter (for the MANY MANY needles)
  • Lupron (which I will begin on Satuday morning to suppress my ovaries)
  • Crinone Suppositories
  • Syringes
  • HCG Trigger
  • Gonal-F (these drugs will stimulate my ovaries and I will take this at night, hopefully starting the 27th, at which time my Lupron will be lowered, but I will continue to give that shot in the morning)
I need to draw up the Lupron as well as the HCG Trigger shot. Thankfully, the Gonal-F is all prefilled which makes it a little easier.  I am also going to invest in some Miralax.  My RE recommended it to help the constipation that will most likely come after the procedure.  I had a slight case of it in April, but I am assuming a banana might not be enough to do the trick like it was last time haha! 

So, that's it.  They're in my house and this is about to begin, and I have nowhere to run.

15 comments:

  1. We ordered from the same pharmacy so your shipment looks a lot like mine! Though your meds shot looks a lot more organized than mine did. :) only difference, we're triggering with Pregnyl, looks like you've got a box of something different there. But it's the same thing where we'll have to mix it in the big syringe, then replace with a smaller needle. That one should be interesting! I'm so excited for you... only wish we were cycling closer together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!! I'll be praying for you throughout the process :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that everything goes well! Stay strong, Lindsay!!! This is meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're ready at the starting blocks. Run like the wind, sister! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daunting! But, you'll be a champ, because really, what else can you do?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As overwhelming as all of this seems, it's also very exciting! I'm hoping and praying for a joyful end to all of this. Digits are crossed and sending love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Might look like a lot of stuff but you will be a pro in no time! Good luck with the start of your Lupron this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will be keeping you and P in my prayers! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, you could still find places to run, but you won't. You can do this!

    Also - if the mixing makes you nervous, you could just give yourself 2 shots, right? I was allowed to mix the Ganirelix and the Menopur, but I decided it was easier just to do two. Probably I was just being silly.

    Fingers crossed that everything goes according to plan this time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's quite a collection :) Pear juice is the best solution to keep things moving... my OB recommended it during my first pregnancy, and it works wonders :)) I start it a few days before my egg retrieval and keep it going for a few days after... tastes nice too :) Love and wishes for your upcoming cycle xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gotta love the obligatory meds picture! I know it's nerve wracking to see all that, but you will go great. Fingers crossed and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know about you, but it's so exciting when I receive my meds. Granted I don't get as many as you, but I hope you are excited!

    ReplyDelete