Thursday, February 23, 2012

Really??? Really???

I love to laugh, I think that is one of the things P loves/hates about me.  I like to think I bring out his playful side because he is often laid back and very reserved where I am much more intense.  There are not many things that we both find funny so I appreciate those few times I find us laughing together.  As we left our stressful appt. yesterday, we were both laughing!  Yes, the appt. was extremely difficult, stressful, and overwhelming, but we were able to meet someone that made us laugh! 

Of  course we spent most of our visit with Dr. P yesterday but when we had our plan there were a few more people we had to meet.  The insurance person was first and she was great, I swear they must take some type of training for how to deal with couples going through infertility because everyone we have met has been so wonderful and kind.  THEN we had to meet the financial counselor.  Really???  Now, my post will come full circle. 

If anyone has ever watched SNL, P and I DVR it every Saturday night and skim through it on Sundays for those 1 or 2 funny skits.  Well they do this funny news skit called REALLY??  that P and I both laugh at.  So, when we walked into the financial counselor's office yesterday I felt like we were watching SNL, she was great.  After telling us our insurance coverage was great I asked her what tests we (mainly I) would need to do if IUI didn't work and had to move to IVF.  She said the only thing I would need to have done was a sonohystogram?  I immediately thought back to the HSG I had done in December and she could see the pure panic written across my face.  Then it began.  She had obviously been through the HSG and reassured me the sonohystogram should be much less feared.  She proceeded to say:

Take Motrin...REALLY???
You won't feel a thing...REALLY???
It is quick and painless...REALLY???
Oh it's easy...REALLY???

We felt like she said really, maybe 6 or 7 times and with that, we thanked her and left laughing.  It was a nice way to walk out of a stressful appt.  I guess somedays laughter is the best medicine...

No comments:

Post a Comment