Friday, February 24, 2012

What doesn't kill you makes a fighter...(or so claims Kelly Clarkson's new song)

I don't feel much like a fighter today.  All that excitement I wrote about two days ago about having a plan and moving forward disappeared.  It's gone and I can't seem to get it back.  The weather isn't helping much either, typical February cold, rainy/snowy, and gray.  I am an emotional wreck, being on vacation this week has been the worst possible thing for me.  All my friends that I would have spent time with either have babies or are pregnant.  Is it bad that I couldn't psych myself up to see them over these past few days?   After getting 4 BFNs over these past 4 days and having a drop in my BBT I am finally realizing that this isn't going to happen for us on our own.  We were so hopeful this cycle, my cycle was FINALLY normal, I knew exactly when things were happening and we come up empty AGAIN.  P doesn't even know what to say anymore...how many times can you say I'm sorry or this sucks??  Next month will be our last (15th) cycle before our first IUI and I wish we could just fast forward time.   

I have always had a feeling in my gut I would have trouble conceiving, and when it didn't happen after 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, even a year, everyone told me to just relax, some people take a little longer, everything is fine.  I was right, I knew it.  But, I don't want to be right.  It's obviously not a mother's instinct, maybe a woman's instinct?? I feel like P and I are stuck on a roller coaster and we can't get off.  I want to get off!! 

Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully P and I will do something to snap me out of this, unfortunately AF will be making her appearance this weekend so good luck to him!  I am off to pick up a pizza and have a glass of wine...

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there! I know how hard this journey is, I know how hopeless it can feel, but tomorrow is a new day, and you'll be one step closer to the day when you do get pregnant. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. Sorry you're having a bad day. Nothing is more frustrating than trying and trying and trying and having nothing to show for all your hard work! I feel you. Sending big hugs your way. I vote for more than one glass on wine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ughh...thanks! Tomorrow is a new day...hope you guys both have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am right there with you and at exactly the same stage. This was our last cycle before we start with IUI next month and I was so hopeful trying to ignore the cramps. I'm supposed to get my period today so I took a test this morning...BFN. I too am a teacher and had off this past week...I tried to avoid thinking about it but it definitely didn't happen. Thank you for your post...it is so nice to know someone is right there with me and feeling the same feelings I am. I am wishing you nothing but the best on your next cycle. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete