Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Knock knock, who's there?

Finally, AF has arrived! Ironic that I am so excited it is here when I want so badly to be pregnant. But, when your gut tells you that you're not pregnant all you want is to get started on the next cycle. CD 1 gives me hope. This will be our 15th cycle and at the end of this one we will finally begin preparing for our first IUI. My meds will arrive March 22nd and I should go in for my baseline bloodwork/ultrasound at the end of March. I go back and forth about whether we should have just jumped into it this month. But both P and I turn 29 in the next few weeks and it will be nice to enjoy (if its possible) this last month before our life becomes full of shots, bloodwork, and even more stress. Oh well, we made the decision to wait so I am going to try my best to make the most of it! Hoping the snow stays away over these next few days, so ready for warm weather!!

On a side note...I marked down today as the start of CD 1 and recorded my huge drop in BBT.  I then decided decided to take a walk down memory lane and take a look back at my charts (hadn't done that in a while because it was so depressing) and what do you know, the first day I ever took my BBT was a year ago on this VERY EXACT DATE: February 28, 2011...talk about strange coincidence?? Never thought 365 days ago I would still be sticking the damn thermometer in my mouth.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for moving forward with CD1! I say enjoy the last month of 28 and live it up! Hopefully the this cycle will give you time to get your head ready for the game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree...CD1 is a relief when you know it is coming anyway! I agree with Laura, too - enjoy your birthdays! The month of your IUI (which will be exciting!!) will probably be here before you know it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too Agree!! I'm waiting for CD 1 and couldn't be more excited for her to come to town. I'm ready to get this show on the road, lol. I'm excited for you and can't wait to see what March brings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much of your story is similar to mine...so strange to read another person's thoughts and think that you could have written them yourself! Right down to the 2 1/2 year old puppy (ours is a Golden Retriever though :) ) I'll be following your story...and maybe, just maybe we'll both get some BFPs with our IUIs!

    ReplyDelete