Thursday, March 1, 2012

A day in the life...

Since there are so many teachers struggling with fertility out there I thought maybe this post would at least get a laugh. I teach first grade in an inclusion classroom which means I have many students on special education plans and the skill levels vary from reading chapter books to still not being able to identify and reproduce the sound of the letter c. To say they keep me on my toes is an understatement! Nonetheless I love them all and about a month ago I began to realize how much they make me laugh. So, wouldn't it be neat to keep a notebook of quotes said by them that have gotten a reaction out of me. I post these quotes on the board and we often go back to them. One day I will make a book...but for now here are a few of their words...

I recently chopped 7 inches off my hair and after a few days I got this: "Mrs. C, your hair is little still."

I don't drink coffee but I have one little bottle of coke a day and the kids remind me every day how bad it is for me so one day I came in with a different drink and got this: "when did YOU start drinking gatorade?"

We recently celebrated the 100th day of school and when I asked my students what they will be like when they are 100 years old this was my favorite response: "when I am 100 years old I will still be young."

And my most favorite: "Mrs. C, I don't want to be a teacher it's too much work."

Oh, to be a kid again...

3 comments:

  1. Two comments:
    1) I teach HS but we had kinders over today for Read Across America. One little girl told me I have chubby cheeks. Thanks!
    2) Senior Take Over day was last week. My 2 seniors were exhausted by the end! And shocked by how bad the behavior was in the lower level classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love hearing what little minds come up with! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I teach high school and now that I am married, my students are dying for me to get pregnant. The girls in my class ask me ALL the time which is wonderful but heartbreaking all at the same time. My favorite quote from a student wanting me to get pregnant was this, "I want you to get pregnant because pregnant teachers are always nicer!" They also constantly ask my WHY I'm not pregnant...especially because they see other people in school pregnant on accident. Interesting job for fertility issues but I agree with one of your earlier posts...they help me through it every day I'm here. I love them and my job for that!

    ReplyDelete