Tuesday, August 14, 2012

4dp3dt

To the "normal" woman, this would be considered 7 days past ovulation.  The day of your egg retrieval is considered the day of ovulation.  Hard to believe it was a week ago that I went in for the procedure.

Today, I am finally starting to feel like myself again.  Even though I didn't blog much about it, I have been very uncomfortable these past few days.  My insides (whether it was my ovaries, stomach, who knows) were very sore.  There were times when it hurt to yawn, sneeze, or even take deep breaths.   Nothing I couldn't handle, but I am realizing today, when I feel so good, how terrible I actually felt. The bloating is still here and it is ridiculous, I could pass for 4 months pregnant if I let my stomach hang out, and sucking it in is just about impossible.  Every time I put the crinone in I think to myself, crap, how much more bloated can this stuff make me!! But, besides the bloating, I feel absolutely nothing.  No twinges, no cramps, nothing.  I know, I know, it is so early and if I were to become pregnant I'm not expecting it to show up on an hpt until this weekend, but feeling this good does make me a little nervous!

I tested the trigger shot out this morning, the test was as stark white as I am used to seeing it.    This means that the hCG from the shot I gave myself to release the eggs 36 hours before the retrieval, is now out of my system.  So, if I get a positive over this next week, it will be because my body has started to produce its own hCG as a result of me becoming pregnant.

I have been keeping myself busy.  This morning I went out shopping for school supplies since I have not even spent one second thinking about work which happens to start 3 weeks from today!  I still don't really want to think about it, but better to get out now when everything is on sale!

I've been reading a lot.  Just finished "Gone Girl" which was sick and twisted but a great read!  Watching lots of tv and movies too.  We saw the new Batman this weekend and I wasn't really impressed, I thought the previous one with Heath Ledger was so much better, but it was a good distraction for 3 hours!

Anyone have any good books or movies they've read/seen ...always looking for recommendations!



8 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you didn't like The Dark Knight Rises! haha
    We saw The Campaign last weekend. It was funny but had a LOT of bad language in it. B and I felt bad about how much we laughed later on. Glad to hear that you're starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better! Fingers are crossed for the days to come. Grow embies GROW!

    I'm in complete agreement with you about this last Batman film. They tired to fit WAY too much into this one. I've heard 'Moonrise Kingdom' is excellent. For books, I've heard very good reviews for 'The Fault in Our Stars' by John Green. 'Gone Girl' is suppose to be good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better. 3 weeks till school starts, my mom goes back next week, crazy how fast summer went! I have not seen any of the Batman movies but we aren't big movie people. I jumped on the bandwagon and read the 50 Shades trilogy and I will say the 2nd and 3rd books were very very good. Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so glad you're beginning to feel better. I just looked up Gone Girl and I'm going to add it to my 'to read' list. I really liked the Denise Mina novels...they're also pretty dark.

    I'm also addicted to British detective shows on Netflix :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am reading "Gone Girl" right now. Picked it up Sunday and am finding myself sneaking time during the work day to read a chapter or two!

    I got through a few seasons of "Breaking Bad" while on bed rest for this recent cycle.

    You triggered out early! That is great. Here's to hoping for a true positive soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I'm gonna have to check out Gone Girl - honestly I've been reading a lot of the 3 dollars or cheaper books on Kindle Best Sellers - there's some good stuff on there!

    FX that you are gearing up to produce some HCG on your own girlfriend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you are starting to feel more like yourself! I am reading The Glass Castle; it is very good. I also have Sarah's Key waiting on my bedside table. Both have great reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are feeling more like yourself. I can't believe school starts in 3 weeks! The roads will be busy again and it rings in my favorite season! Praying those little embies are growing big and strong!

    ReplyDelete