Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Stims Day 6 (Are we done yet?)

I never updated on the concert.  It was RIDICULOUSLY awesome!  We have seen them before but it was outdoors at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield.  Indoor concerts can sometimes suck but this show was the best we have ever seen.  P and I have been huge fans of Coldplay for a long time and had both been looking forward to it forever.  They handed out these wristbands to everyone that walked in.  As soon as Coldplay took the stage they all lit up, coolest thing ever.  I started getting teary eyed when they walked on,  I don't know why.  Maybe because there was so much excitement in the building or I am just so hormonal right now, but luckily I got it under control haha!



This was what the place looked like as Coldplay
walked in and our wristbands all lit up.

I was happy I was able to put the shitty phone call about my estradiol levels behind me and enjoy the show because it was so much fun and I really didn't want to ruin it for P.  Unfortunately when we got home around midnight I felt pretty terrible so I spent the night on the couch, with lots of bathroom trips and slept probably a solid two hours. 

So, waking up to go to bloodwork Tuesday morning and then heading to work was pretty tough but I felt a little better.  My u/s revealed LOTS of follicles, I didn't ask how many and she didn't tell me.  To be honest I didn't want to know.  She did tell me that my biggest was about 10 mm.  I got my estradiol results around 2:30 while we were at Patriots Training Camp.  It had slowed down slightly, and was now rising at a level they were a little more comfortable with.  On Monday it was 340 (day 3 of stims) on Tuesday it was around 540 (day 4 of stims) which still seems really high to me but I am trying to just trust them, even though it's so hard. 

My my new plan is to continue Gonal-f at only 75 iu Tuesady night and Wednesday night and go back in for b/w and u/s on Thursday morning.  As soon as we got home from the practice yesterday  I went to bed.  I got up to eat around 6:30 and then passed out for the night at 7.  My mom offered up her best motherly advice and told me I have to slow down.  So, I am really going to try and take it easy these next few days.  By late afternoon I begin to feel like crap anyways, so I really don't have a choice.  I have been living in stretchy pants and skirts lately because the bloating is pretty uncomfortable by nighttime.  I am starting to feel some tenderness down there too.  All this stuff I am feeling is so weird and you really don't know what it's like until you go through it!  Yesterday I wore shorts and just didn't button them.  Not sure that was a good idea though, because I do work with 3rd and 4th graders and I am pretty sure I could have been in some trouble if they fell down haha!

I just keep telling myself I am so close.  How many days did you stim for??  I don't think I will make it to 10.

12 comments:

  1. I know you can't compare women, or even cycles, but my E2 level was 754 on day 6 of my *successful* cycle. It sounds like you're probably around the same level. My largest follicle was 14mm on day 6, and since they grow 1-2mm a day (I think) yours should be around the same. I did stim for 10 days that cycle.

    It's so hard not to be able to see into the future. I hope you can trust your doctors and your body to move things along at the right pace. Fingers crossed!

    Oh, and the concert sounds fantastic! What a great distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stimmed for 9 days and I had a very similar situation to you (lots and lots of follicles so therefore high E2 levels). I don't know my exact levels because I didn't ask (didn't want to fret about that). Rest assured that the clinic knows exactly what they're doing and shares the same goal as you of wanting to get as many eggs as possible without risking your health. They will pull back as needed. In the meantime, the acupuncture will help promote balance and I thought the Circle+Bloom meditation CDs probably helped too because they have you do a lot of picturing of your hormones balancing and flowing in exactly the right amounts. But I'm with your mom on the slowing down! Your body is doing a LOT of work right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The concert sounds awesome. Matt and I haven't been to a concert in forever which is something I want to change next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't stimmed - so I dont have much to contribute on that. But glad you had a good time at the concert.

    oh and GOOOOO PATS BABY! so jealous you got to go to training camp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mom is a wise lady! Be kind to yourself, you're working hard preparing for a miracle up in that ute :)
    Fabulous pics from the show. I actually saw on the Today Show this morning where Chris Martin messed up a song at the Boston concert because he was "thinking about the Olympics!" Of course I was like "Hey! Lindsay was at that show!!" So, this dork was waving at the tv at you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a long stimmer - 11-12 days usually, so I'm no help to you there. Here's a link to a site that I've found really helpful through all of this. It's a clinic in Chicago that just has amazing info on their site. There's a chart on this page that shows E2 levels by day of stimming at the bottom. I don't think you're too far off of that chart now that they adjusted your dosage. Hang in there! You can do it!!!

    http://www.advancedfertility.com/ivfstim.htm

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess its better to have a super strong response to the meds than not strong enough, right? I think your mom is right and you need to start taking it easy. Those drugs will do a number on your body in so many ways. But if you manage to harvest a lot of high quality eggs I know you will feel it was worth it! I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Need to catch up on reading, but wanted to drop a quick note to say fingers are crossed and I'm hoping! Hang in there and listen to your mom. A lot can happen in such a short period of time and I have faith that you are in good hands. Leave all the calculating to them and trust that the meds are doing their job.

    BTW: It was great seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bring on the lounge-y pants! Nothing feels worse than trying to squish into regular pants with your swollen ovaries :) And do take it easy, this is a huge toll on your body! I only stimmed for 7 days. Don't remember what my estradiol levels were but I had a LOT of follicles. Good luck and hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Just stumbled onto your blog! Just read your first post and will be kmfx for you :) I'm in the beginning stages of IVF, so I'm looking forward to following your journey! Good luck and keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry that I'm so far behind on your news... FXd for you that the delicate balance b/n too much and long enough is just right :) Each of my stim cycles has been slightly different... such a fine balancing line. Love to you and cheering your follies on from Oz xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. i felt the same way - by about 2 or 3 oclock I was so exhausted and uncomfortable! and I hated the bloated part - it is definitely something you can't explain to someone who hasn't gone through it - you just feel uncomfortable! hoping that it doesn't getting any worse and goes by quickly. You are getting so close!!

    ReplyDelete