Thursday, August 2, 2012

Stims Day 7

It's so strange.  I wake up every morning feeling pretty good and by 3pm almost everyday I begin to feel crummy and bloated and sometimes even have a little nausea.  But, if I spend an hour or two on the couch and pump myself up with saltines and fluids.  The protein shakes I have been having for breakfast every morning seem to be working wonders too.

On to IVF news...

I went in this morning for b/w and u/s, my veins are really holding on strong!  The people in the office now know me.  I actually look forward to talking to the woman that takes my blood everyday!  I remember walking in there for my first appt. in January and feeling almost jealous of the people who were recongized around there, feeling like such an outsider.  Let me tell you, when people begin to know you there, it's definitely not as "cool" as you think it is!!!

I only have 3 follicles that would be considered mature.  I have two on my left 1 is measuring 15x10 and the other is 14x10 and one on my right measuring 14x10.  My estradiol is still climbing but at a slower rate.  It is supposed to double every 48 hours.  Mine was doubling every 24 hours, but since lowering my dose it seems better.  On Monday it was 340, Tuesday it was 560, and today it was 1,100. 

I am to continue the same dosage tonight (75 iu Gonal f) in hopes that a bunch of littles ones grow over night and match up better with my b/w.   I think they are considering dropping my dose tomorrow night, but wanted to push it tonight to see if I could get a few more bigger ones. 

I told the nurse how nervous I was and she acknowledged that my estradiol was high but not "oh my god high" whatever that means! 

Today marks my 21st day in a row of shots.  And I can't wait until I am done!

Getting so close!



9 comments:

  1. You are doing great! Hoping the higher Gonal f tonight works wonders! Thinking of you! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being known at the fertility clinic us highly overrated. Sounds like things are progressing well. You're in the home stretch now. Rest and relax as much as you can and pamper yourself. Growing lots of eggs is hard work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are almost there! Stay strong and keep stabbing yourself in the tummy!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing great!! Hang in there and know that it will be over very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally cheering you on! You're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting so close :)) Thinking of you too and cheering you on in the home-stretch xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are getting so close, and it looks like the lower dose is working to slow things down! These days are nerve-wracking, but you're doing great! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting, getting so close :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can do it! You're doing great! I appreciate you documenting what us happening/what your feeling for all of us to read and your honesty is uncanny. Thank you! I'm proud of you for pushing through and doing a great job along the way!

    ReplyDelete