Thursday, August 16, 2012

Trying

I am officially 6dp3dt (9 days past ovulation) and I am trying so hard to convince myself that it is okay that I feel absolutely nothing.

I am trying to tell myself that this is the closest I have ever been to being pregnant and to enjoy it.  And not think about the fact that our embryos may have stopped developing days ago.

I am trying to tell myself that most people have no clue they're even pregnant those first few weeks.  Only problem is I am not most people, most people have sex and get pregnant.  Most people don't know more about their bodies than their own doctors.  I have not felt any twinges, nothing is bothering me, and my bloat seems to have gone down a little.  If anything, I have felt a little bit like my period is coming (I know it could be considered an early symptom.)

I am trying to believe it worked.

I am trying not to get overwhelmed with the thoughts of what next, if it didn't.

I am trying to keep it together because I don't know how I will react if we get bad news next week.

I am trying, I really am...

Hopefully I wake up tomorrow and my boobs hurt (A LOT!)

13 comments:

  1. Oh Lindsay, I know exactly how you are feeling. I had NO symptoms whatsoever and it just killed me while waiting! But your hcg levels would be so low still, most likely NOT causing any symptoms. Anything you would feel right now would most likely be from the progesterone. My bloating also went down as I shed some of that water that had built up during the the stim phase. I am rooting for you! I am hoping and praying for you too. Just a few more days. Waiting is SO hard to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Lindsay! Just a few more days to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know these last few days before beta are the worst. Praying for you each day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying your boobs start hurting, A LOT! :) Thinking of you and hoping some 'annoying' pregnancy symptoms start showing up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is totally normal to feel nothing. Remember that most non IF women are still drinking and running and not paying attention to what is going on. You might be blessed - like my now-8-wk-along-cousin is with ZERO symptoms. And she has been trying to get pregnant for years so she is totally tuned into her body. Breathe. You are almost there. This 2ww is cruel. The IF doctors should just knock us out for 3 weeks and we could skip all this crap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, L! I've been thinking about you! Many, many of our months ttc I was SURE I had symptoms and then AF would show up. The month we got our BFP, I felt nothing at all. I only took the darn pregnancy test to get the dream of having a baby around the same time as my BFF out of my head. I don't think anyone actually has symptoms that early, so try not to worry too much! For your peace of mind, though, I'll be hoping your boobs get sore soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everyone here! The day I got my BFP I had literally just posted a post talking about how I had no symptoms and didn't think it worked....I peed on my first positive stick minutes later. And I had WAY more symptoms (sore boobs, starving, peeing) in failed cycles than in the cycle that finally worked. So hang in there. Tww is the worst, hope you manage to keep busy as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't talk from any experiences of getting a BFP, as I've never gotten one...however, just having obsessed over symptoms for over three years now, I have learned that no symptoms is def not a bad thing. I cannot imagine how tough this wait is, but you've waited long enough and prayerfully this IS your time :) Keep us posted and I will pray for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ay ay ay, this does NOT sound easy. Wishing you a speedy wait! Shopping maybe? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Distract yourself as much as possible! I never had sore boobs, so don't be upset if you don't feel it. Everyone feels something different with pregancy. It's not over till it's over.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying so hard and keeping everything crossed!

    ReplyDelete