Monday, August 13, 2012

Left wondering why...

This morning was my father's good friend's funeral.  I have seen my father cry only 2 times, when one of our childhood pups got put to sleep, when his father passed away, and last night marked the third time, at the wake of his dear friend.  He passed away of a massive heart attack.  He was healthy and just dropped dead.  The funeral was this morning and my dad and his brothers were all involved in it.  It was one of the best services I have ever attended.  There were hundreds of people in attendance.  But I couldn't help but continue to stare at his two children, a boy and a girl, almost the same ages as me and my brother.  I wondered what the last thing they said to their father was. How would they ever be able to deal with the loss of their dad?  Why him?  Why now?  Why do such bad things continue to happen to such good people?

As I drove home I couldn't help but think of how precious life is.  It is a gift, a privilege, one that many get taken away from them far too soon.  Tomorrow is promised to no one, not even our precious little embryos.  I was also reminded that no matter how bad things seem, there is always someone out there who has it worse...

Last night didn't go so hot.  I woke up around 11:30 with such terrible cramps that I couldn't walk upright.  I am pretty sure it was gas pains but not sure.  When they finally subsided I was able to sleep for a few hours on the couch.  Today, I continue to be super bloated from the gross crinone, but the pain from last night is gone and I'm just feeling tired, really, really tired.

What a whirlwind these last few weeks have been...

6 comments:

  1. I had super bad cramps - the kind that woke me up - the day of my transfer, and the 2 days following it. And I'm pregnant. Just sayin'!

    I'm really sorry about your father's friend. I'm glad the funeral was beautiful and a place for quiet and memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about your fathers friend. Seeing my dad cry was one of the hardest things to see ever. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! New follower here. I found your blog through "meet the Joiners". When I was reading your infertility timeline I felt like I was reading my own. Sending good baby vibes your way from Minneapolis! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your Dad's friend. Keeping everything crossed that those were good cramps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry about your loss. It is never easy to lose somebody you love....and seeing your dad cry is the worst. I have very rarely seen my dad cry and have bawled every time I did.
    In good news....I looked back at my blog and found this... http://millionbabysteps.wordpress.com/2012/02/12/symptoms/
    I believe I had that same cramping....and we are now sitting pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry your family had to deal with this. It's a very emotional time for you and I know that it's got to be overwhelming. Hang in there dear, you are close to at least one answer.

    ReplyDelete