Friday, March 30, 2012

Hunger Games

I had a busy week and I'm tired! Last night was conferences until 815, today I had a party to go to after work and then P convinced me to go see a movie (I did not want to go at all because I am so exhausted but I know he was trying to make me feel better so I let him win.)

I have spent most of the last 48 hours trying to figure out wtf is wrong with my body. I am currently 15/16 dpo without a period. That has never happened to me before. Must be pregnant right?? Haha not even close. I took yet another test this morning (I know so stupid of me) and it was a BFN. I finally called my RE explained how my bbt has slightly dipped but no period and not pregnant. The nurse was great and told me if I haven't gotten my period by Sunday to call and leave a message and they would call me back to get me in early Monday morning before work for bloodwork so I could get the results by Monday afternoon. As I am writing this I am beginning to feel some cramping so I am hoping it finally shows up tomorrow and I can go in for my baselines on Monday.

Now onto the movie. I had recently read the book The Hunger Games and thought it was pretty good, weird, but a good book. I had preferred to see 21 Jump Street with Channing Tatum but didn't work out. Never again will I go to the movies on a Friday night! There were obnoxious teenagers yelling throughout the entire movie and the couple a few rows back (wait for it) had an effing baby in the theater!! Are you kidding me?? Who brings a baby to a movie and what are the chances it is at MY movie?!? So the movie itself kind of got lost in the chaos around us. I thought the book was way better and the acting was a little cheesy but overal it wasn't terrible. We did see a preview for a movie coming out in May about a group of dads that all hang out together with their babies, looks like it will be funny...that is if we are pregnant in May....probably won't be as funny if we're not.

On a side note, P ran out last night and bought a lottery ticket, claiming all week how he thought we were going to win the big jackpot. Unfortunately he just came upstairs with the bad news...we didn't win haha.

8 comments:

  1. Uggg. I hope AF arrives for you soon, I'm currently waiting on my period after getting a negative Beta today. Booo I haven't read Hunger Games yet, but have been itching to... Maybe I'll have to see what all the fuss is about, lol :) Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was sweet of your husband to take you out...sorry it was disastrous! I've seen babies in the theater too. Why in the world with ticket prices these days would you risk having to leave early?! Not to mention how rude that is!
    I haven't read Hunger Games- I always seem to resist fad books and I honestly have no interest in the story, but I'll probably read it :)
    I hope AF gets here soon so you can get the ball rolling! Waiting is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was resisting the Hunger Games too but I decided to pick it up a few weeks back when everybody at work was talking about it. Peer pressure! lol

    Hoping AF comes soon so you can get onto the next stage. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to a horror movie once where a couple brought a baby...like a year old baby. Weird! Halfway through the movie, while the baby is fussing, someone says, "Why did you bring your baby?" hahaha...The couple left.
    Anyway, hoping for AF for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought the book today and looking forward to reading it... everyone keeps telling me how wonderful it is!

    And how aggravating that someone brought a baby! Seriously?! What's wrong with these people?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Were we at the same movie!?! We have the obnoxious teens behind us, but the baby was in front of us. I heard them when they came in and were trying to pick a seat and she said "I don't want to inconvenience anyone." How about ya get a babysitter then, lady! She was nursing him when the lights came up. Geez!

    Books are always better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the HG! I usually try to stick to matinees, since they seem to be filled with older people! I had one man breathing so heavy the row in front of me. He may even have been on oxygen (which I feel bad about, but it was distracting).

    Why do people bring babies to movies like that? There was a toddler at the midnight showing of Batman: The Dark Knight several years ago when I saw it. What were THOSE parents thinking?

    ReplyDelete