Sunday, March 25, 2012

Miss Sage

This weekend has been a struggle for me.  I have kept busy but it has been hard.  I feel like I can't pull myself together and I am constantly picking up the pieces...literally!  I got a new bag on Friday which I LOVE, I needed to change wallets so I could finally use the one my mom got me for my birthday over a year ago and what do you think happened?? I didn't realize the coin part of it was open and I now have 100 coins all throughout my car.  This morning I woke up and decided I was going to clean the fridge, top to bottom.  I tend to not think, just do, so as I was pulling out the drawer with our fruits I bumped the shelf on the inside part of the door, and it came crashing down, along with two beer bottles, a container of sauce, a jar of pickles and some other things.  Everything was safe except the two beers.  Glass was everywhere, and so was beer.  But, the weekend is almost over and I have decided to spend the rest of this post on something that makes me happy.



We got Sage 2 weeks after our honeymoon, almost 3 years ago this July.  I checked with breeders all across the US, made phone calls, followed litters online, and knew I had found the one.  Her breeders were small town people who lived on a farm in North Carolina.  After speaking to them multiple times and reading a few of their references, I knew we had to get a pup from this specific litter. Pat was against getting a dog, and it took LOTS of convincing (luckily I don't give up easily and continued to push the issue.)  He will now admit, it was the best decision I ever made.  Many people often ask where we came up with the name Sage, and to be honest I don't know where I first heard it, but I knew it was going to be her name.  Unfortunately, P had also come up with a name he thought was perfect: Stoli.  We decided that we would wait until after our honeymoon to finalize her name, hoping to see some type of sign while we were in Hawaii.  Believe it or not, just a few days into our honeymoon, we were driving along a cliff and decided to get out and walk around.  We noticed little stone piles and names all over the place made out of all these different rocks.  Then, we stumbled upon this...neither one of us could believe our eyes.  This was a sign, Sage it was (I win again!)


Everyone always talks about the love between an animal and its owners.  It is something you cannot describe.  She is our everything.  Everywhere we go, pepople stop us and ask about her.  She is almost 3 but looks and acts just like a puppy still.  One of the best sounds is when she has found a spot to rest her little head on our couch and she makes this little sighing sound (almost as if to say I love being home.)  Her unconditional love for us makes my heart happy.  I love to watch P interact with her.  He had never had a dog before and I was very nervous about how he would handle it.  He has been the best furdaddy ever, he even picks up her poop!  I hate to think what our life would be like without her. I don't think either one of us would be able to survive these past few months/year without her.

Here are a few pics of our baby...








20 comments:

  1. Look at that face! Oh, my heart melts just seeing it (and hence I'm a total push-over for any dog). I'm glad you won out; Sage is a lovely name.

    So sorry to hear this weekend has been hard. Been there and so not fun. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So happy to hear your high beta numbers...sending big virtual hugs!!

      Delete
  2. I am still fighting the battle to get Kitt to agree to get Holly, my (currently only potential) dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no denying they are a lot of work, but they are SO worth it...they are just full of love :)

      Delete
  3. Pets (especially dogs) can be such a constant support and comfort. I feel this way about my chihuahua all the time. Charlie is always the first thing I see when i get home and he makes everything better. I have been considering another dog to keep him compary while we are working. Plus, having that new animal to focus on would be helpful in this IVF stuff. I just can't decide if the timing is right.
    Your Sage is adorable and I can see how much she means to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep telling P we need another one, but then I imagine myself trying to walk two dogs every afternoon when I get home from work and I don't know how I could do it haha!! If they were smaller I would definitely be pushing it harder!

      Delete
  4. I love her! Pets are so fun. I'm glad you won the battles for her, and her name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your furbaby! She's precious! The unconditional love from your pet is the most amazing feeling. It has healing power. I know it! I loved the story of how she got her name. Love when things happen like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...and I am so not someone that believes in signs, but there couldn't have been a clearer message in the sand :)

      Delete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE labs. She is such a cutie and I love the name Sage. Funny how laying on the couch with your dog can make a lot of your troubles go away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I kind of rolled my eyes at pet owners until I got my Stella in January. I love her so much it's crazy! Hopefully one day soon we'll have an actual person to lavish all of this love on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean, it is kind of sickening how much you can love them and become one of the crazy animal lovers!

      Delete
  8. This cracked me up because you and your husband sound exactly like my husband and I with our furbaby Scarlett. Scarlett is my hubs' first dog, and he was very against getting a dog. Now, he is absolutely in love with her!

    Hope you have had a good start to your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good practice for when our real babies come...eventually!!

      Delete
  9. Love your dog!

    I'm your sock buddy. Can you email me? chickenpig2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a baby!! And I love the story of his name- what a perfect ending:)

    ReplyDelete