Sunday, March 4, 2012

P...My Other Half

P is my husband.  A very, very private person.  The fact that he is even allowing me to post this picture is a huge step!  When I first told him I started a blog, he was extremely upset with me, he thought it was available to anyone/everyone, kind of like Facebook.  When I explained what it was and how I was going to use it he slowly warmed up to the idea.  Now, here I am just a few weeks later posting a picture of him!  This was from a helicopter ride on our honeymoon in Hawaii, almost 3 years ago!  What I wouldn't give to go back to that island...


We first became friends our freshman year in high school (I think haha).  Our first date was in February, our senior year.  We have been together ever since.

He constantly reminds me how on our second date I ordered something that I wasn't crazy about and spit it back out on my plate after the first bite.  I constantly remind him, he should have known what he was getting into right then and there haha! 

We couldn't be a more perfect match for each other.  I am emotional, energetic, intense, and sometimes a lot to handle, whereas P is calm, laid back, and EXTREMELY kind, to the point that it drives me crazy sometimes.  He calms me down and I rev him up! The best part of our marriage is every year I think we fall a little bit more in love with each other.  Yes, we have our ups and downs and our relationship is not even close to being perfect, but we fit together perfectly.

Over the next few days we will both be celebrating our 29th birthday.  29...where did the time go?  A few years ago, we had a plan...A PLAN.  Over these past 15 months that plan has been thrown out the stupid window.  I was hoping to have a baby to fill our empty guest room by now.  We were supposed to be thinking about trying for our second one by now.  What happened to the plan??  P tries to remain very positive through all of this while I go through a roller coaster of emotions on a daily basis.

One of the first things people tell me when they learn of our troubles is how young we are.  Of course we are young, THAT WAS THE PLAN!  We wanted to be young when we had all of our children.  We aren't a couple that met late in life or that wanted to put off having a family.  We got married young and wanted children young!

Maybe our first IUI next month will work and maybe we will have our first baby before we both turn 30, a year from this very week.  But I have read too much, know too much, am all to aware of our issues, and while I am filled with hope I refuse to let it build up too much inside me.  I think we need a new plan...

The plan for this week is to enjoy our birthdays together and psych ourselves up for the journey that awaits us.  I am very lucky to have P in my life, I hope he can say the same about me over these next few months! Something tells me I won't be the easiest person in the world to deal with, but then again I think that's what he loves about me!



7 comments:

  1. I hate it when people say "you're both young, you'll get pregnant". It makes me want to say "yes! So why isn't it happening?!" Lots of luck and positive energy coming your way for your IUI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww you guys are so cute, I love that picture! I'll be crossing my fingers for your IUI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you and your hubby are the perfect match! I also hate the "you're so young" comment! Really? Because I realized at the flip of the calendar year that I won't be having a chile before I turn 31! Hate it! Fingers crossed for your IUI this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your IUI!

    You are not alone, we've all had plans that don't come true. When we started trying to conceive I thought it would happen right away, and I even planned when I'd tell our families (March 2010, then May, then...). That was over 2 years ago. I was so naive, but we just keep doing our best to pick up the pieces and continue on our way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you both an early Happy Birthday!! Lots of luck with the IUI.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate that comment (and all others) too. The really hurtful part for me is when someone ends the "you're so young" comment with "how old are you?" and because I look MUCH younger than I am they are surprised when I say "almost 34" and then they say "well,..... yah, you're young." UGH!!

    ReplyDelete